Picked up a 5MP Full-color Active Deterrence Fixed-focal Bullet WizSense Network Camera IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to try a Dahua 5MP Full-color Active Deterrence Fixed-focal Bullet WizSense Network Camera. Having issue with the active deterrence part of the camera whereby if I only specify A.D. lights only I get both lights and active speaker alerts. Even if I specify schedule A.D. only I get A.D. 24/7 A.D. activation. Tried a number of scenarios but all fail. Had to default the camera and turn off all Active Deterrence features to stop it from activating. Anyone else find this to be off issue. Running this with a seperate P.O.E. then into a Dahua NVR2116-I2 NVR. Tried using either the A.D. features via just camera or just NVR but results are the same. Anyone else encounter such issues and wonder if some kinks are yet to be worked out in this early adaption of a Dahua cam with A.D.

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
What location did you input the settings? At the nvr or directly on the webserver of the camera? I noticed that some settings on this camera are not being pushed from the NVR to the camera when changing settings with active deterrence.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to make every camera setting in the camera gui.

Although the NVR allows you the ability to set the camera settings, when there is a conflict, it will go with what the camera settings are.

In the camera GUI, under IVS > Parameter Setting > Period > setting - you set up the schedule for when you want that particular IVS rule to trigger.