PFA130E over jbox in the soffit

Pat doe

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on how to install my dahua ipc-hdw5231rp-ze with the pfa130e junction box. My soffit has an existing electrical junction box from the wiring install. I put the PFA130e over the existing jbox and it doesn't quite cover the existing jbox. Any ideas how to create a water tight seal? Im wondering if I should have purchased the square dahua junctionboju instead of the round?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for some ideas on how to install my dahua ipc-hdw5231rp-ze with the pfa130e junction box. My soffit has an existing electrical junction box from the wiring install. I put the PFA130e over the existing jbox and it doesn't quite cover the existing jbox. Any ideas how to create a water tight seal? Im wondering if I should have purchased the square dahua junctionboju instead of the round?
Hi Pat,

iirc the square junction boxes like the PFA121 only support the squarish bullet cameras. I don't recall seeing models which would support a turret style camera.

I would look at getting a flat cover plate for the existing box and then mount over that the new junction box.

Pat doe

n3wb
Reaction score
It has the standard flat cover on it today. I wonder if I just drill a hole through that cover to feed my cat6 through? Then mount the pfa130e over it.

Pat doe

n3wb
Reaction score
Couldn't you just mount the cam directly to the flat cover?
Yes that is an idea, the corners of the cover may be exposed (camera doesn't completely overlap the rectangular cover). I'm thinking of drilling a hole through the cover and then putting silicone over the exposed cover corners.