PFA121 Installation Gasket

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When ceiling mounting a Dahua bullet camera using the PFA121 junction box, does the thick black gasket go inside or outside the junction box? It inserts into the lid of the junction box correct? I have four to hang so I want to get it right the first time :D

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
When ceiling mounting a Dahua bullet camera using the PFA121 junction box, does the thick black gasket go inside or outside the junction box? It inserts into the lid of the junction box correct? I have four to hang so I want to get it right the first time :D
You have to install it back like it came out of the factory: the largest black circle comes at the inside of the junction box cover.

See:

It takes some fiddling to get your pigtail through it, but my advice: fix the bottom case to the wall first, make sure you put the "waterproof condom" BEFORE you put your RJ45 connector on your cable. Then fix your cam to the cover, the four outside screw should remain "free" to mount the cam+cover on the bottom case. After hanging 10 of these buggers, it took me approximately 10 minutes to install one.

Tip-of-the-day: test your cams FIRST on a testbench (eg close to your pc/networking gear/nvr), before hanging it out there. You won't be the first having to take it off a couple of times because of unpreparedness.

Hope this helps!
CC

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the details! First camera went up smoothly!