Personal Review ~ Sopooda / Camnoopy IP Cameras

Reaction score
Here's my usage review on the Camnoopy HD IP Cameras, especially on the PT-100C, C100 models after using it for a while.

PT-100C is the lpan/tilt model and C100 is the premium look fixed camera. Both are on 1.0megapixel cameras on 3.6mm lens.
There are other similar brands like unifore, which looks the same and uses the same APPs.

PROS

Easy Setup (WIFI Setup easily)
Easy to use APP (2CU or COT PRO, V8.5 allows you to set presets)
Clear AUDIO communication both ways
Stable ONVIF streaming and recording

CONS

No Web User Interface for advanced users
CMS is buggy, cannot be used on high resolution PCs
Slow Pan/Tilt Feature (small angle movement), but can be overcome with presets
IR turned on when sufficiently lighted environment (A big NO NO)

Major IR Issue:

The Cameras have a very serious PROBLEM (as at 22.02.16), that is the IR control. In an environment with sufficient light, the IR is turned on and everything is black and white.
How do I compare? I own both D-LINK and VSTARCAM and these cameras did not trigger any IR in my sufficient natural lighted environment. I place these side by side to compare.
However, I no longer uses my Vstarcam as the C series processor died easily within 2~3 months, I had 2 replacements so far and its very frustrating. A search on web can lead
you to see a distributor selling 200 refurbished units with no warranty. One of my regretful purchase.

Back to Camnoopy cameras, CMS software is buggy, some controls cannot be seen at higher resolution than standard 1024x768, was told to lower my screen resolution...

I have highlighted my IR concern to technical support (Camnoopy), however no action to date is done, seems that other than me, there are similar such reports online as well over
other brands with similar looks.

My Verdict

Camnoopy cameras are great due to its audio clarity and easy to use APP, however, I will shun away from their product due to the IR problem that they have not fix it up since I
questioned 1 months back. I noticed that several other brands does uses the same firmware version as Camnoopy. To buy again is a NO NO unless IR issue is resolved.
Pretty sad that the camera which are of good material have a very bad IR problem which is not satisfactory resolved.

Otherwise, this camera is good for surveillance and watch over elderly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My cameras did not come with these smart features. But pointless if you were to see black and white in a natural lighted environment which is not dark and your IR is turned on.

Reaction score
Another issue on this camera, everything it reboots, the cameras' date will be reset. Very horrible.