Peep hole camera

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everybody, got a quick question to ask everyone cos somebody I’m sure has done this already… and hello moderators, please feel free to move my post to somewhere more suitable if necessary.
I would like to take out my peep hole or my spy hole and replace it with a peep hole camera that will connect and record to a Dahua NVR 5216 16P 4KS2E.
I’m not too worried about the wires looking ugly on the inside of the door because I think I’ve come up with a possible solution drilling down into the door and hiding them inside, I just need to know the hardware needed that I can buy in 2023 which will work, how to do it and finally anything else you think I might need to know about?
And that’s it

Best regards Steve

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the following is Onvif compliant camera, no experience with this particular item

US $38.50 30% Off | V380 Door Eye Hole Security 1080P HD 1.7mm Lens Wide Angle FishEye CCTV Network Mini Peephole Door WifI Camera P2P ONVIF

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check this one out. I have no experience with it.

IPC-HUM8441-E1-L4 (dahuasecurity.com)
I got one of these a few months ago on ebay. it is a good camera, and the camera lens is more of a bullet, made for mounting in a panel than the one in the link. There is also an option with two lens units attached to the circuit body by separate cables. It needs separate illumination.

These will connect natively to Dahua nvrs and viewing software. If you don't need that or the retail finish, you can get decent board cameras with pinhole lenses on ebay for around $50.