PCNVR, Single 2332. No Live Feed After Reboot. Works at Install Not After Reboot

neill.bird

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, straight out of the box with a question.

Set up PCNVR and set up a camera and got it all working. Motion recording and all. There seems to be a few quirks in setting up it all but i figured it all out. Its working fine, sort of.

However if i turn off the PC, or reboot it, or close the PCNVR software and then restart the software there is no live feed. It still seems to be recording in the background and in fact playback works. Just no live feed. No live feed in either the web view or in PCNVR.

I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled twice. I've even tried a different package from Genius and that seems OK but i can't get the motion recording working on that. TBF if i could figure out the Genius package i'd probably use that but at the moment i'm problably best sticking with PCNVR. Any ideas why its no getting a live feed after reboot?

ps if i delete the camera and then add it again its all good until the next reboot.

steve6690

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried assigning the camera a fixed ip address using SADP ?. It might not be relevant to your issue but worth a try. I assign my cams a fixed ip which is outside the range of dynamically allocated ones.

neill.bird

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes its assigned a fixed IP but within the LAN DHCP range but i've fixed that in DHCP so it won't be allocated to anything else and its allocated in SADP. The DHCP server is the router and not the PC where PCNVR is running. All should be good in IP land. I've tried UDP and TCP but same same on reboot.

xyamas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi neill.bird, Did anyone resolve this issue. I have exactly the same problem with a 2232 with latest US firmware and latest iVNS-4200 PCNVR software. Also have router set to issue reserved IP's for the MAC's of the camera and PC.

neill.bird

n3wb
Reaction score
no never got it fixed. Moved to a SAN based setup and use the camera to record straight to the disk. I'm not using PCNVR any more due to this issue. I tried for days.