PC-NVR

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Despite good advice to throw the PC-NVR software out - I am giving it another try and discovered the the connection between the SMARTPSS running on the same I5-9400 PC as the PC-NVR looses the connection when I try to connect iDMSSLive view to the cameras on the NVR.

The app shows 0Channel-00 to 0Channel-03 and Channel01 to Channel 64 in the device list. When I delete the NVR from the device list on my phone the NVR reappears in the SmartPSS on Win. It looks to me like the iDMSS software somehow acquires all the available connections or channels.

Does anyone know how to config IDMSS to use only specific channels - AKA the 7 that have cameras attached?

PS- Isn't it cute that the lower case "i" is still in use by Dahua?

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Click on the 5th one down which you called Channel01. It's probably your first PC-NVR camera.

Regarding your 7 camera limit:
Maybe you maxed out your CPU. Check in Task Manager. It could be caused by viewing too many cams at once. Change all the cams being viewed to substream on SmartPSS view screen to reduce CPU use. Or stop viewing too many. Playback at the same time could also add to it.
DSS Express S can run on Windows. I have not used it yet.

MickPB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Jack7 -

Thanks for the reply. I was not aware of the Express S version of the software. Dahua's strategy for branding and naming is a little confusing to me. I will be giving it a try.

Regarding the current solution, the CPU runs between 3 and 10% including just after startup. It's a i5-9400 (ninth series 6 or 8 threads at 2.9 mhz) so there should be enough power and the video, CPU, and hard drive all have Intel's extended support for .264. I think the issue is the NVR software not being able to handle the connections. The SmartPSS tries to reconnect periodically and fails. Phone won't connect. If I turn both off and stop 4 of the cams it will then connect but in this state if no longer meets my use case.