PC monitor?

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need to buy a new monitor for my computer. Is there anything I should look for?
I have an Acer computer (I7-6700) that I'm planning to use only for BI with an HDMI connection for the monitor.
I'm currently using a 19" Vizio tv that shuts off in about an hour.
I do not have a system setup yet. I'm now putting everything together and I'll be playing with my foscam cam to learn how things work before buy some real cams.
Thanks, Fred

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to buy a new monitor for my computer. Is there anything I should look for?
I have an Acer computer (I7-6700) that I'm planning to use only for BI with an HDMI connection for the monitor.
I'm currently using a 19" Vizio tv that shuts off in about an hour.
I do not have a system setup yet. I'm now putting everything together and I'll be playing with my foscam cam to learn how things work before buy some real cams.
Thanks, Fred
If you will keep the monitor on 24/7 then look at power consumption numbers.

Reaction score
If it's really only for BI then you really don't need much. The main thing will be the size of where it will be placed, have HDMI, and should have built in audio (you don't need a full sound system just for BI).

I got this one (BenQ) here to mount to the front of my rack and it's been working great. Went with the 21.5" to get it close to the same width as my rack and this model was also wall mountable:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KYCSRQI

You can see mine here.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/10710-Surveillance-Station-Installation-Start

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That some setup PsyOpWarlord. I only need something to keep an eye on my mom (Alzheimer's) and the people coming in and out of my house taking care of my mom while I'm at work. I lived here for 25 years and only had my phone charger stolen from my car.
Thanks for the links

user101

n3wb
Reaction score
i agree with fenderman. If your going to just check it here and there, power consumption matters. You can get any pc monitor at 19 to 23 inches for anywhere from 60 to 110 dollars all the time. From newegg to amazon, you can't go wrong. I have a 40 inch LED i use that rarely gets used. It uses better than 80 watts running but its hardly ever on.