Password Problems

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed that the top timing banner on one of my dahau cameras kept changing every couple of weeks. I decided to change the password and duly modified it in my 3 cameras. This was okay for awhile but then I noticed all the time banners were changing on a regular basis. I went to change the password again but now the software is rejecting the changed password. IN the android software on my phone 2 of the three cameras still work on the modified password. Not sure where to go from here.
Blue Iris 4
Dahau HDW5231R-Z

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed that the top timing banner on one of my dahau cameras kept changing every couple of weeks.
This was okay for awhile but then I noticed all the time banners were changing on a regular basis. I
  1. As stated above, these "time banners"...are you speaking of time overlays?
  2. In what way were they "changing" ?
  3. Are those from the cameras or from Blue Iris ?
  4. When changing the camera passwords, what browser did you use to access the camera embeded webGUI's?

Last edited:

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1) Yes, the time overlay at the top right of the camera image.
2) Initially just cam 1 was affected reverting ti the year 2000. After I changed the passwords they were going 0ne hour forwards on one of the cams and 1 hour back on the other while one stayed correct.
3) Viewing the cams in blue iris ( cannot access any of them now in blue iris only in android software gDMSS
4) I initially changed the passwords when I could access the cams in blue iris.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The crazy thing is the gDMSS dahua android software on my phone logs me into the cameras okay with the modified password but blue iris wont

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
3. Are those from the cameras or from Blue Iris ?
==============

The "overlay" can be added by the camera itself or by BI. Knowing from which source it originates affects where the displayed time needs to be adjusted.

Guessing from times being different across all the cameras that the camera's OSD is enabled to add current time to the video stream. Display of current time would be the time value of the camera itself.

Also, that DST on the camera has not been enabled and/or configured correctly on some/all of the cameras; this would explain the +/- of the displayed time.

Possibly, NTP has not been enabled and/or configured on all/some of the cameras.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When changing passwords, did you also update BI to use the new passwords for each camera's settings? Changing them on the camera and in the android app does not automatically update BI.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When adjusting the time banner I went into each camera via a web browser ( pale moon) then into the settings which were the cameras settings. The password was also modified in the camera settings. Since I cannot access the cameras via the web browser now as they reject the password I cannot get into the settings though when originally changed access was possible. I don't know within BI where to modify the password. The cameras are accessable through the android software. The android software does not have the settings available to get more granular control of the settings and of course cannot influence BI settings

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When adjusting the time banner I went into each camera via a web browser ( pale moon) then into the settings which were the cameras settings. The password was also modified in the camera settings. Since I cannot access the cameras via the web browser now as they reject the password I cannot get into the settings though when originally changed access was possible. I don't know within BI where to modify the password. The cameras are accessable through the android software. The android software does not have the settings available to get more granular control of the settings and of course cannot influence BI settings
It is in the camera config settings

1675252432976.png

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, strange thing, when I opened BI, cam 1 was online. Checked its password setting and it displays old password. Then changed pass word in cam2 and 3 . Cam 2 came online but not cam 3. Not sure if I have been hacked cos very strange what is happening

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to make sure that BI is using an account that can see ONVIF.

This is a common problem unfortunately when someone changes the admin password or it doesn't carry over to ONVIF user when initially setting up the camera.

What happens is the ONVIF user password isn't changed.

1675018109751.png

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password and use that.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, the last cam (3) which is not online I can't access the cam gui as it rejects both pass words I've tried in the config page you highlighted but no luck

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would suggest factory reset them and initialize them again.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive got all three online in BI but cannot access cam 3 through the browser to access cam gui. Not sure whether to quit while I'm ahead or as you say factory reset. How do I do that incidently

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the dahua cams have an access hatch or location for the SD card. There is typically a reset button next to it.

While under power, press and hold it in for 15-20 seconds and that will reset the camera.