Partly cloudy with a chance of Blizzard

Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, CWOP, PWS, Weather Underground.
I send mine to Windy, PWS, APRS/CWOP, Weather Cloud and MESO West. I sent mine for years to WU, along with a camera ftp upload, but when their system "broke" and they told all of us camera people to go take a flying leap, I shut my account down. I figure if they want my data bad enough, they can pay me for it.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well this Texas Christmas Freeze got us...

We got as low as 2 degrees feels like...And guess what, when it heated up in the mid-twenties today we sprung a leak. Guess the ice (frozen Pipe) was keeping it from leaking. So this is a bib we had that the pool guys tied into to make a fill line for the pool. What I did is have them put a T for me so I could install a shower. Well never did, it was just stubbed out. Well that is the PVC pipe that busted. The T is brass so I just unscrewed what was left and capped it. Actually had to chisel it out, and what I was afraid of happened, I chiseled into the brass threads. I did a lot of praying that the cap with Teflon wrap would keep it from leaking, well first round No, it was a little wet at top, so I tightened the cap a few more turns and no leaks. PVC to Brass is a tight fit, it was all I could do to keep from messing the head of the cap up. $2 total repair :)

1671834323364.png

1671834349861.png

1671834409206.png

1671834459325.png

All Wrapped back up and bib covered...

Attachments

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Well this Texas Christmas Freeze got us...

We got as low as 2 degrees feels like...And guess what, when it heated up in the mid-twenties today we sprung a leak. Guess the ice (frozen Pipe) was keeping it from leaking. So this is a bib we had that the pool guys tied into to make a fill line for the pool. What I did is have them put a T for me so I could install a shower. Well never did, it was just stubbed out. Well that is the PVC pipe that busted. The T is brass so I just unscrewed what was left and capped it. Actually had to chisel it out, and what I was afraid of happened, I chiseled into the brass threads. I did a lot of praying that the cap with Teflon wrap would keep it from leaking, well first round No, it was a little wet at top, so I tightened the cap a few more turns and no leaks. PVC to Brass is a tight fit, it was all I could do to keep from messing the head of the cap up. $2 total repair :)

1671834323364.png

1671834349861.png

1671834409206.png

1671834459325.png

All Wrapped back up and bib covered...
A short piece of heat tape wrapped around the pipe, under the cover. When the temp is gonna drop below freezing, plug it in for the night and unplug it the next morning.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A short piece of heat tape wrapped around the pipe, under the cover. When the temp is gonna drop below freezing, plug it in for the night and unplug it the next morning.
Thanks, so I have a heating pad on my pool filter (Northside) with it covered with a blanket and a tarp, Pump is just covered and running 24/7. I just did not think about the stubbed pipe since it made it through our other major freeze last year.

Reaction score
I send mine to Windy, PWS, APRS/CWOP, Weather Cloud and MESO West. I sent mine for years to WU, along with a camera ftp upload, but when their system "broke" and they told all of us camera people to go take a flying leap, I shut my account down. I figure if they want my data bad enough, they can pay me for it.
Thinking of doing this but need to research it a little. Like what brands to consider, options, etc.

To send the data to those services, obviously one needs to connect the weather station to your home LAN and have it connect to the internet. Is there any security considerations with that equipment having internet access? Like port forwarding or something else?