Parler alert: Beware early adoption of social media apps!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I ran across this article today about Parler being scraped and archived for use in prosecutions. I thought it might be of interest to some folks here.

While this is about Parler specifically, the same situation likely exists for any young social media app stitched together on a shoestring.

I caution everyone to practice good media hygiene, and hope this is helpful to some here.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
The process for getting access to anything Twitter has is more arduous than just searching against the database scraped from Parler.

Nobody can go to Twitter and say "gimme everything you have about..." Records have to be requisitioned by specific warrants.

This is a general cautionary note to those interested in the subject of social media "privacy and security." (Oxymoron)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The process for getting access to anything Twitter has is more arduous than just searching against the database scraped from Twitter.

Nobody can go to Twitter and say "gimme everything you have about..." Records have to be requisitioned by specific warrants.

This is a general cautionary note to those interested in the subject of social media "privacy and security." (Oxymoron)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
FYI - just need to pay twitter $ ...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since we are on this subject, if someone wanted to monitor a group/organization, as our Gov't intelligence does all over the world with terrorist, rule number one, you do not take down their way to communicate, you are in no way stopping/accomplishing anything by doing this. In doing so you simply scrambled the group into hiding making it even harder to track their future moves. I understand Big Tech did this, I am sure our Intelligence Dept. is pretty pissed right now...