Parking lot light pole install

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a parking lot with a light on a pole near the edge. The light is a bright LED kind pointing down. I’m wondering if it would be a problem to have the camera below the luminaire.
IMG_3699.jpeg

I’m trying to avoid a second pole just for cameras. I’d like it to function like this
IMG_3619.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only way to know for sure is to temporarily try it. Or you may need a shield over it. But I think depending on the height it may or may not be a problem.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say as long as none of the light directly enters the normal sensor area and none comes in from the sides you're OK.
You might have to do some slight color adjustments for night time and/or other adjustments if you get any strobing or lines in the live or recorded video at night.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like said, try mounting spots. Screw the camera to a piece of wood and clamp it to the pole.

I do not think a wall bracket would help.
1696849694347.png

Cache450

n3wb
Reaction score
I have done something similiar. I do have a problem with light reflecting on the camera lens at night (i may be able to alleviate this problem with some shielding but have not tried yet)

the real problem i have is that the bugs at night swarm the light, and the camera is within that swarm area so it makes for terrible results at night. Its basically useless at night unless i turn off the yard light

IMG_2619.jpeg

and yes there is an SD49225XA-HNR hiding up inside of my revamped yard light