Paranoid much?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
@Teken
That's Auto-tracking. I'm not up watching for druggies at almost 1am ;) and honestly, on most targets I doubt you could manually do as good a job as the auto track.

Not using IR, I have it set to color at night for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm using it primarily to watch for humans entering the neighborhood, but it also doubles as a backup LPR cam for Exiting vehicles via a spotter cam telling it to zoom to the intersection when vehicles are leaving. You can't do both with one camera in IR mode due to the very different exposure requirements
2- The various street signs reflect the IR quite badly and blow out the image and make it lose track

@wtimothyholman
I have lots of wives mad at me for various blame, some well deserved. Adding one more to the list is no problem, glad to help :rofl:

Distance to near curb on street about 40 ft. Distance to far sidewalk IVS rule about 100ft
IMG_2088.JPG

"LPR" captures at night
HOA Entr_IP PTZ Camera_main_20210406013330_@3.jpg HOA Entr_IP PTZ Camera_main_20210330014904_@3.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt at 40 feet he is hearing it. Especially with an occasional car going by and insect noises and chirps and what not and it is in a somewhat open area so there isn't a lot of deflection of sound I would think.

The 49225 is fairly silent and someone would not hear it at 40 feet. Underneath it, it sounds like a faint R2D2 LOL, but I doubt most hear it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If I could run it in B&W with IR it may be better, but with the many signs reflecting the IR in that location, I kinda have to use color.

The sister camera to this one with the 1/1.8 sensor would be much better and that’s the plan to replace this one.
Great News for all of you!

Dahua should be coming out with a new PTZ with a huge sensor in the coming days that will put this one with the 1/1.8” sensor to shame SD6AL433XA-HNR
as @tech101 and I just bought the last two Andy had in stock!

grrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Reaction score
Great News for all of you!

Dahua should be coming out with a new PTZ with a huge sensor in the coming days that will put this one with the 1/1.8” sensor to shame SD6AL433XA-HNR
as @tech101 and I just bought the last two Andy had in stock!

grrrrrrrrrr :mad:
The question to me is this: will there will be an update to the SD49225XA-HNR that supports auto-tracking at a similar price point? Or am I better off just buying what is currently available, because Dahua will be deprecating any possibility of auto-tracking from the new model?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The question to me is this: will there will be an update to the SD49225XA-HNR that supports auto-tracking at a similar price point? Or am I better off just buying what is currently available, because Dahua will be deprecating any possibility of auto-tracking from the new model?
Given they officially pulled autotracking from that model some time ago, but if you buy from Andy it still comes with autotracking, I would be shocked if once this stock is gone that there would be a new PTZ in this price range with autotrack. I think after this stock is gone, the cheapest PTZ is going to be over $700.

Dahua prove me wrong please!

Reaction score
Given they officially pulled autotracking from that model some time ago, but if you buy from Andy it still comes with autotracking, I would be shocked if once this stock is gone that there would be a new PTZ in this price range with autotrack. I think after this stock is gone, the cheapest PTZ is going to be over $700.

Dahua prove me wrong please!
You are probably right, but maybe Andy can provide some inside information.

@EMPIRETECANDY, do you know if any of the new Dahua PTZ cameras coming out this year will include auto-track functionality in the $400 price range?