Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Reaction score
Oooooh, more fear mongering!!!!! Line up, sheep!! Get your 12th booster shot, NOW!! Also, please bring in all of your pets and farm animals, too! They need a booster, too! :smash:
did you see the Penn State study that sampled deer all over Iowa-- 80% had COVID antibodies...

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah shit…the new normal

Hmm is this real? But when i cant buy chin diaper, how could i be protected against covid 1984?

Time to
Go back under the rock?

Yes. There are already 22 cases in africa. But they are black so they use only voodoo science, so no one can trust the data. they might have already 23 cases.

the dangerous rating is 13 out of 10 !
13 out of 10.jpg

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The data shows you are completely correct when it comes to risk of getting COVID-- "breakthrough" my ass--- as though it was some rare occurrence. In that respect, this is not a "vaccine" at all. They massively oversold it, and they were either incompetent or they were LYING. The result of that is an unprecedented loss of confidence in anyone and everyone associated with vaccines.

There IS another truth in the data though-- the "jab" does greatly reduce the severity of disease with hospitalizations and death rates that are fractions of non-vaccinated infections. That truth is verified repeatedly.

I really struggled with the choice, but decided to get the goddam booster shot 2 days ago. My decision was based on my own personal age and family health situation. The shot kicked my ass yesterday-- slept for almost 20 hours and felt like shit. That said-- regardless of MY personal choice, there is NO WAY IN HELL that shot should ever be MANDATED for ANYONE. #FJB!
You should be VERY worried for the next 5 years or so.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Oooppsss

Nov 26 (Reuters) - Merck & Co said on Friday updated data from its study on its experimental COVID-19 pill showed the drug was less effective in cutting hospitalizations and deaths than previously reported.

The drugmaker said its pill showed a 30% reduction in hospitalizations and deaths, based on data from over 1,400 patients. In October, its data showed a roughly 50% efficacy, based on data from 775 patients.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like Israel is demanding more money for funding of its COVID-research :rofl:

Reaction score
You should be VERY worried for the next 5 years or so.

The video references a research abstract that apparently summarizes some likely-flawed research. The American Heart Association filed an "Expression of concern" regarding the methodology and study design used that do not follow normal guidelines for research... the biggest red flag for me-- "...only anecdotal data was used..." This IS something I will be keeping in mind though. it seems like any drug advertised on TV has a fast-talking disclaimer announcer that uses up half of the commercial time. LOL

1637948888014.png

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The video references a research abstract that apparently summarizes some likely-flawed research. The American Heart Association filed an "Expression of concern" regarding the methodology and study design used that do not follow normal guidelines for research... the biggest red flag for me-- "...only anecdotal data was used..." This IS something I will be keeping in mind though. it seems like any drug advertised on TV has a fast-talking disclaimer announcer that uses up half of the commercial time. LOL

View attachment 109801
I'm sure Dr John Campbell has done his research on this and if he is worried then so should the rest of the world be as he is NEVER wrong. More time and research is needed I understand that and glad the research has started.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Here we go...

Classification of Omicron (B.1.1.529): SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern
26 November 2021
Statement

Reading time: 2 min (616 words)

The Technical Advisory Group on SARS-CoV-2 Virus Evolution (TAG-VE) is an independent group of experts that periodically monitors and evaluates the evolution of SARS-CoV-2 and assesses if specific mutations and combinations of mutations alter the behaviour of the virus. The TAG-VE was convened on 26 November 2021 to assess the SARS-CoV-2 variant: B.1.1.529.
The B.1.1.529 variant was first reported to WHO from South Africa on 24 November 2021. The epidemiological situation in South Africa has been characterized by three distinct peaks in reported cases, the latest of which was predominantly the Delta variant. In recent weeks, infections have increased steeply, coinciding with the detection of B.1.1.529 variant. The first known confirmed B.1.1.529 infection was from a specimen collected on 9 November 2021.
This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are concerning. Preliminary evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection with this variant, as compared to other VOCs. The number of cases of this variant appears to be increasing in almost all provinces in South Africa. Current SARS-CoV-2 PCR diagnostics continue to detect this variant. Several labs have indicated that for one widely used PCR test, one of the three target genes is not detected (called S gene dropout or S gene target failure) and this test can therefore be used as marker for this variant, pending sequencing confirmation. Using this approach, this variant has been detected at faster rates than previous surges in infection, suggesting that this variant may have a growth advantage.
There are a number of studies underway and the TAG-VE will continue to evaluate this variant. WHO will communicate new findings with Member States and to the public as needed.
Based on the evidence presented indicative of a detrimental change in COVID-19 epidemiology, the TAG-VE has advised WHO that this variant should be designated as a VOC, and the WHO has designated B.1.1.529 as a VOC, named Omicron.
As such, countries are asked to do the following:
  • enhance surveillance and sequencing efforts to better understand circulating SARS-CoV-2 variants.
  • submit complete genome sequences and associated metadata to a publicly available database, such as GISAID.
  • report initial cases/clusters associated with VOC infection to WHO through the IHR mechanism.
  • where capacity exists and in coordination with the international community, perform field investigations and laboratory assessments to improve understanding of the potential impacts of the VOC on COVID-19 epidemiology, severity, effectiveness of public health and social measures, diagnostic methods, immune responses, antibody neutralization, or other relevant characteristics.
Individuals are reminded to take measures to reduce their risk of COVID-19, including proven public health and social measures such as wearing well-fitting masks, hand hygiene, physical distancing, improving ventilation of indoor spaces, avoiding crowded spaces, and getting vaccinated.
For reference, WHO has working definitions for SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Interest (VOI) and Variant of Concern (VOC).
A SARS-CoV-2 VOI is a SARS-CoV-2 variant:
  • with genetic changes that are predicted or known to affect virus characteristics such as transmissibility, disease severity, immune escape, diagnostic or therapeutic escape; AND
  • that has been identified as causing significant community transmission or multiple COVID-19 clusters, in multiple countries with increasing relative prevalence alongside increasing number of cases over time, or other apparent epidemiological impacts to suggest an emerging risk to global public health.
A SARS-CoV-2 VOC is a SARS-CoV-2 variant that meets the definition of a VOI (see above) and, through a comparative assessment, has been demonstrated to be associated with one or more of the following changes at a degree of global public health significance:
  • increase in transmissibility or detrimental change in COVID-19 epidemiology; OR
  • increase in virulence or change in clinical disease presentation; OR
  • decrease in effectiveness of public health and social measures or available diagnostics, vaccines, therapeutics

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Here we go again...don't tell me this was Trump's fault

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have succeeded :facepalm:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The new variant Omicron (O-micron) sounds like Oh My God!

Good News: Travel restrictions are in place, hopefully it wasn't too late