Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Example of the NY Times defending the WHO despite facts which should be obvious to anyone following this thread.

The New York Times (@nytimes) | Twitter
The New York Times
@nytimes 21h
With limited, constantly shifting information, the W.H.O. showed an early, consistent determination to treat the new contagion like the threat it would become

1587198319004.png

Last edited:

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Example of the NY Times defending the WHO despite facts which should be obvious to anyone following this thread.
The New York Times (@nytimes) | Twitter
The New York Times
@nytimes 21h
With limited, constantly shifting information, the W.H.O. showed an early, consistent determination to treat the new contagion like the threat it would become

View attachment 59742
NYT journalists must have short term memory.
WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission.?
WHO said it was not likely to be pandemic?
WHO said other countries should not close the borders?
Everything WHO said was wrong

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Brah, I never thought I'd live to see the end of the world but now I'm convinced it's here.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The question is ultimately, WHO the heck is WHO? :angry: What are the ultimate goals of the World Health Organization?

NYT journalists must have short term memory.
WHO said there was no evidence of human to human transmission.?
WHO said it was not likely to be pandemic?
WHO said other countries should not close the borders?
Everything WHO said was wrong

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
E
The question is ultimately, WHO the heck is WHO? :angry: What are the ultimate goals of the World Health Organization?
Exactly. This is what they will be investigating. And its not looking good, with all the expensive travel, 5 star hotels, back room deals....

Paris Climate Accord all over again?

Drain that swamp.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Meanwhile this CEO is stoked, he's really excited to sell his Hand Sanitizer :rofl:

Interesting...

Art Naturals.. claims they are doing what they can to protect workers.. and yet none are wearing masks...wondering if operations like this will become the next pork processing plant...

1587228503242.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
An excerpt....

"Cuomo continued, “The federal government cannot wipe its hands of this and say, `Oh, the states are responsible for testing.’ We cannot do it. We cannot do it without federal help,” he said. Though recently Cuomo said all actions would be taken by him at the state level and that the feds were superfluous to the situation. Which is it, Andrew?

The New York governor also said he had thanked the president for the aid that Trump sent to New York, such as the USNS Comfort and the field hospital at the Javits Center. “How many times do you want me to say thank you for doing your job?” Cuomo said. Does he mean the job he said that didn’t need done by the feds?
"

In reality, the Javits Center Hospital and the USNS Comfort did NOT NEED TO BE DONE by the feds as evidenced by the little to non-use. I find it funny how the gubernors where talking about opening up their states and Trump says it's his decision then Trump tweets “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” “LIBERATE VIRGINIA,” and then the gubernors drag their feet to open up states to provide more freedoms.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
An excerpt....

"Cuomo continued, “The federal government cannot wipe its hands of this and say, `Oh, the states are responsible for testing.’ We cannot do it. We cannot do it without federal help,” he said. Though recently Cuomo said all actions would be taken by him at the state level and that the feds were superfluous to the situation. Which is it, Andrew?

The New York governor also said he had thanked the president for the aid that Trump sent to New York, such as the USNS Comfort and the field hospital at the Javits Center. “How many times do you want me to say thank you for doing your job?” Cuomo said. Does he mean the job he said that didn’t need done by the feds?
"

In reality, the Javits Center Hospital and the USNS Comfort did NOT NEED TO BE DONE by the feds as evidenced by the little to non-use. I fine it funny how the gubernors where talking about opening up their states and Trump says it's his decision then Trump tweets “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” “LIBERATE VIRGINIA,” and then the gubernors drag their feet to open up states to provide more freedoms.
As I mentioned earlier. Cuomo's comments (highlighted above in Democrat blue :rofl: ) came after Trump brilliantly stated "Total Authority".

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dr John Campbell's video from today used data from the Netherlands to determine that the CFR ~= 0.6-7 in the Netherlands

This is good news, and provided you can keep the Hospital system from being overwhelmed we should expect this would apply to many other countries.

Officially Netherlands has
30,619 cases
3,459 deaths ( which would mean 11.2% CFR if you assume # cases listed above is accurate )
in 10,000 blood donations, they tested 3% had antibodies for Sars-cov-2 ( so we assume 3% had been exposed to Sars-cov-2 )

Thus project that 3% have been exposed. Or 519,000 in the Netherlands. Thus using that number and the official death count to COVID-19 he gets 0.66% CFR.

Naturally this is still a moving target, but significantly less than what has been reported in other places.

1587241548935.png

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
This is good and expected. Still a lot worse than flu, but better than earlier numbers.

But one note of caution: the term CFR means Case fatality rate which means only diagnosed cases can be included in the numbers. Asymptomatic or subclinical individuals --who wouldn't have reported it and become cases-- aren't factored into a CFR.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk