Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 60117 Seeing as we're communicating by way of THE INTERNET, it's readily apparent to all but the dimmest of us that it would be an impossibility for me to physically assault you. Rather -- by way of the pinata metaphor -- I was (arguably) attempting to (humorously) suggest that I've gotten the better of you today with regards to our repartee. So stop being a pussy and man-up, or go find a safe space...snowflake.

View attachment 60118
You did not prove that the pictures were indeed NY.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to live in Michigan to appreciate this one... ;)
Amusing.

Right media starts talking about "Michigan" and you guys start talking about Michigan.
Right media starts talking about hydroxychloroquine and you guys start talking about hydroxychloroquine
Right media stops talking about hydroxychloroquine and you guys stop talking about hydroxychloroquine
Right media starts talking about Wuhan Flu and you guys start talking about Wuhan Flu
Right media starts talking about Dr. Fauci and you guys start talking about Dr. Fauci
Right media starts talking about the cessation of China flights and you guys start talking about China flights
Right media starts talking about WHO and you guys start talking about WHO
Right media starts talking about Tedros Adhanom and you guys start talking about Tedros Adhanom

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Strange, I often talk about Michigan. Do you think that maybe/possibly it's because I LIVE in Michigan? Sounds like someone here is a might bit triggered, eh? :idk:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This looks to be about it...

If you are asked to leave and don't, you will be arrested. If you fight back and refuse to comply, you are now resisting arrest.

Protesting is one thing. Screaming like a wild hyena minutes into the hearing is another. One after another. This was not protesting. This was an orchestrated event designed to disrupt the hearings.

How come you don't hear much about the women who were at the hearings in support of Kavanaugh? Weird. They had signs. They had T shirts. Could it be that they were acting like civilized human beings? Hmmmmm.

Attachments

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strange, I often talk about Michigan. Do you think that maybe/possibly it's because I LIVE in Michigan? Sounds like someone here is a might bit triggered, eh? :idk:
Not at all. Just wondering if most democrats and most republicans actually have thoughts of their own. dunce.gif

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How about us Independents?

Given that most people that strive for higher office are the ones that you do NOT want in higher office, I vote for whoever I think will hurt me the least. ;)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are asked to leave and don't, you will be arrested. If you fight back and refuse to comply, you are now resisting arrest.

Protesting is one thing. Screaming like a wild hyena minutes into the hearing is another. One after another. This was not protesting. This was an orchestrated event designed to disrupt the hearings.

How come you don't hear much about the women who were at the hearings in support of Kavanaugh? Weird. They had signs. They had T shirts. Could it be that they were acting like civilized human beings? Hmmmmm.
It didn't seem all that bad in the hearing video I watched; likening them to "wild animals" and "uncivilized human beings" seems to be a tad extreme and more than a bit self-serving. But let me ask you this: if the topic of the hearing was authorizing putting some group of American citizens in concentration camps would such protest -- while illegal -- be ethical? And what if those woman felt that this particular topic was just as grave...grave enough to be arrested and be jailed? They knew the consequences. They paid the consequences. Just because it offended your delicate sensibilities should they have paid a higher price?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Oh well, looks like this topic is devolving quickly. Politics always seem to make that happen. I don't begrudge anyone having their own thoughts on any subject regardless of how they deviate from my thoughts, but when the name calling takes over it's time to move on. I'll stay out of this thread. Best to all! :)

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It didn't seem all that bad in the hearing video I watched; likening them to "wild animals" and "uncivilized human beings" seems to be a tad extreme and more than a bit self-serving. But let me ask you this: if the topic of the hearing was authorizing putting some group of American citizens in concentration camps would such protest -- while illegal -- be ethical? And what if those woman felt that this particular topic was just as grave...grave enough to be arrested and be jailed? They knew the consequences. They paid the consequences. Just because it offended your delicate sensibilities should they have paid a higher price?
I see your point, but it really doesn't apply to the nomination of a judge. If it was like our protest in 1776, then yes I would be ok with it. My personal freedom would be at stake. But that would mean setting a new set of laws anyway, assuming you weren't killed.

Nobody said they can't protest. I've protested. But there are laws. You can't just do what you want and disrupt government business without consequences. I've seen different videos than you I guess. Wild animals would be my phrase of choice.

Back to the pandemic.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Back to the pandemic.
Pandemic schamdemic...I am so sick of the fuQing pandemic. Today I went to the paint store to have them use their computer to color-match some paint. But they tell me that they don't allow anyone to come into the paint store. You gotta call them on the phone and talk to them while looking at them through the glass door. I held up my sample and he slides 20 color samples under the door. If it that fuQing bad? Has there been a complete cessation of common sense? I'll have to go to Lowes or The Depot and accept their sub-standard matching system. I'd just as soon sacrifice my mom and my dad so I could get the color I need.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Amusing.

Right media starts talking about "Michigan" and you guys start talking about Michigan.
Right media starts talking about hydroxychloroquine and you guys start talking about hydroxychloroquine
Right media stops talking about hydroxychloroquine and you guys stop talking about hydroxychloroquine
Right media starts talking about Wuhan Flu and you guys start talking about Wuhan Flu
Right media starts talking about Dr. Fauci and you guys start talking about Dr. Fauci
Right media starts talking about the cessation of China flights and you guys start talking about China flights
Right media starts talking about WHO and you guys start talking about WHO
Right media starts talking about Tedros Adhanom and you guys start talking about Tedros Adhanom
Oh, you read the Wall Street Journal too? ;)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score