Outdoor rated cable?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've never brought outdoor rated ethernet cable before. Wondering where people get them from? The ones I see on Amazon seem no name brand, or I just haven't heard of them. I'm looking for maybe 30 feet without paying the Best Buy premium.

Thanks!

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
my cable choice is Genesis (Honeywell), but normally available in 500/1000FT. You may look at Amazon for direct burial ethernet cable. If water/moisture elements are critical, look for “gel filled” cable (sticky, cleaning connectors is crucial). For such a short distance, have you consider pvc (1/2”) tubing for running regular cat5?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my cable choice is Genesis (Honeywell), but normally available in 500/1000FT. You may look at Amazon for direct burial ethernet cable. If water/moisture elements are critical, look for “gel filled” cable (sticky, cleaning connectors is crucial). For such a short distance, have you consider pvc (1/2”) tubing for running regular cat5?
I haven't thought of that, I might do that for some places.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used True Cable. Got a 250 foot roll... way more than needed. Excellent quality. It is shielded.
Perhaps I would have gotten the unshielded... this cable is thicker than standard indoor Cat6.
I buried it inside PVC gray pipe, about a 50 foot outside run, the other length was under the house.Cable.png

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to use a regular cable for a potential outdoor long run and just hope for the best.. lol.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score