Outdoor PTZ

Don Schultz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whats the entry level for a reasonable out door PTZ? I will I could stay around $200 but I don't know if thats possible.

Dal1as

n3wb
Reaction score
I don
Outdoor PTZ's around $200 are total trash and you'll spend your money better on a hooker..
't know. You can still get the sd22 or sd29 for around $200 or less and they aren't that bad. I'd still get that Starlight one now though.

gotitmadecij

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where can I buy a Dahua online? Also are they easy to setup, I am a newbie to PTZ.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont think you understand how public forums operate; your first post is a catalog for trash that should be avoided at all costs.. my criticism is not only well deserved, I am obligated to warn others that your products are total garbage for there own safety.

We've seen this trash before, Can Tonk (or is it Cant Onk?) will disappear into the ether just before half of these turn up as dead bricks one morning..

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think you understand how public forums operate; your first post is a catalog for trash that should be avoided at all costs.. my criticism is not only well deserved, I am obligated to warn others that your products are total garbage for there own safety.

We've seen this trash before, Can Tonk (or is it Cant Onk?) will disappear into the ether just before half of these turn up as dead bricks one morning..
I removed the spam..cantonk=longse..both garbage..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I removed the spam..cantonk=longse..both garbage..
Which brings me back to my original post; if you wanna get fucked.. you should at least get off from the experience.. in the now deleted catalog post, tracy marketed 40 degrees a second 'medium speed', if it takes your PTZ more time to spin 360 than it takes a Prius to get from 0-60 using the word speed at all to describe it is getting a bit out of hand.

My Mini-Back Face PTZ does 200 degrees a second and I find it a bit too slow for my tastes, its usable for tracking by hand with a mere 4x zoom, but just barely.. I can only imagine how useless 40 degrees a second is with 20x zoom.. better hope gramps trips and falls so you have a chance to catch back up with him.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think many cameras with 40 degrees per second speed can turn 360 degrees (endless pan) in the first place!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Magic.. :p

Either a ClockSpring but that wouldent be endless, or some sort of brushes on pads

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is freaking magic, I tell ya. They push a high quality multi megapixel video stream and not insignificant power for IR through that connection, whatever it is.