Options to avoid Constant motion triggering when an object is stuck in front of camera

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to a non-stop stream of motion capture clips on my front door cam. It is at ground level so it works great for always seeing faces even with caps or hoodies. Problem of course is a lot of stuff blows by.
Last night as an example a leaf came into view then stuck there and and fluttered all night long causing constant triggering. This also happens on other cameras with say a spider web or snowfall reflecting in the IR.
I like the placement but want to avoid this so of course there is no getting away from this situation. But I am hoping to figure out are there any settings suggestion in BI which could allow me to minimize the constant triggering when something like this happens until I can remove the object, clear the web etc. ?

Flappy leaf sucking up all my CPU and hard drive space all night.

Screenshot_20210223-125119_Photos.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera has AI capabilities, use that to trigger the camera instead of BI motion detection.

If not make the min object size larger and/or the min time for trigger longer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, then go with a larger min object size and a longer minimum time for trigger. We all tend to use too short of a time.