Optimal Settings for BI

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally got a Dahua, hooked it up to BI and everything seemed fine. i started to notice some major lag ands what seems to be disconnects when viewing from a browser using BI.

I run BI as a service, when BI is open on the server everything works great, as soon as i close it i start to see frame drops and the orange clock icon but only on the Dahua camera. It weird this only comes up when i close the BI interface on the server.

I have 2 other camera that are not Dahua and they stream fine regardless.

I've tried playing with bandwidth, CBR/VBR, set framerate to 15 etc.

Any tips?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the cameras I use a frame rate of 15 and Iframe of 15, BVR, 8192 bit rate. Smoothing set to 1, Compression H.264 This is for a 1920x1080 cameras.

In BI are you recording direct to disk ?
In BI are you continuous recording ?
In BI is limit decoding unless necessary ?

The the traffic from the cameras to the BI PC pass thru the router ?
ON the BI PC is the virus scanner turned off on the ALL BI data/video folders ?
What is your Megapixels/ SEC ?
How many cameras ?
BI PC what is your CPU and Amount of memory ?
Are you using Intel hardware acceleration ? If so what is the driver version ?
Did you do a clean install of windows 10 using the Microsoft media creation tool ?

Is your problem with the live view or the record view ?

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the cameras I use a frame rate of 15 and Iframe of 15, BVR, 8192 bit rate. Smoothing set to 1, Compression H.264 This is for a 1920x1080 cameras.

In BI are you recording direct to disk ? Yes
In BI are you continuous recording ? No
In BI is limit decoding unless necessary ? No

The the traffic from the cameras to the BI PC pass thru the router ? Yes, but this isn't the problem since my other cameras are fine.
ON the BI PC is the virus scanner turned off on the ALL BI data/video folders ? No, but again my other cameras are fine.
What is your Megapixels/ SEC ? not sure were to check
How many cameras ? 3
BI PC what is your CPU and Amount of memory ? i3 8100 and 16GB
Are you using Intel hardware acceleration ? If so what is the driver version ? Yes, and here's the weird part, disabling HW fixes everything. Right now I have unnecessarily set VBR Best @ 30fps and 6144 bitrate.
Did you do a clean install of windows 10 using the Microsoft media creation tool ? No, using Server 2016. The driver cannot be updated further. I know this driver is stable as I use quicksync with other applications to re-encode video files (not at the same time).

Is your problem with the live view or the record view ? Both, live view freezes and recordings skip.