OpenVPN Client in ASUS causes IP/routing conflict

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been trying to solve this for two days on my own but I'm going to need some help. So this is the message I get is (IP/Routing conflict: Please change your router LAN subnet, please refer to this FAQ for detailed information). I'm using the free certificate from lets encrypt.
If I change the router LAN subnet from 192.168.50.x to some other subnet (i.e. 192.168.60.x), I still get the same issue. At least I have finally got the connection status to change to connected but then I lock all the internet up and I have to disconnect the client to regain internet access to my connected devices. when the access is granted if I click on the connected status I get 10.8.0.X ( 108.2.147.xx:50xxx )
I have tried so many different things and read and watched so many threads and video's IDK. I've followed the procedure by asus and from another post I saw on here but still no luck. I'm sure it's something simple but I'm fried on this.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what are you trying to do ?
If you are tryin to use OpenVPN to access the BI computer on your Home network, You use the ASUS openVpn Server.
The Vpn client goes on the remote device (phone).

SEE: OpenVPN on a Asus router

asus_vpn.jpg

Last edited:

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes that’s it. I think what really confused me was not being able to access the domaine from my Firefox browser once everything was setup. They restricted access because it wasn’t secure. I’m going to try and use a different browser tomorrow and see if I can get moving forward.

I will re read that article you attached and re read the vpn primer and start fresh.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
what are you trying to do ?
If you are tryin to use OpenVPN to access the BI computer on your Home network, You use the ASUS openVpn Server.
The Vpn client goes on the remote device (phone).

SEE: OpenVPN on a Asus router

View attachment 139158
I got it working using the Brave web browser. I just couldn't get it to work with firefox because it wouldn't allow the unsecure server.