Opening Remote Connection

yggdrasil

n3wb
Reaction score
Does someone know if it is possible to open a remote connection on Blue Iris automatically when I launch the software.

As now, I have to switch from the Local option to the remote option to connect each time. Can't the remote site be the default when launching the software?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does someone know if it is possible to open a remote connection on Blue Iris automatically when I launch the software.

As now, I have to switch from the Local option to the remote option to connect each time. Can't the remote site be the default when launching the software?
By "software" are you referring to the iOS or Android app for Blue Iris?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any answers found in BI's built-in "Help" under "Remote Management" => "Connection" ?

There's a check box under "Remote Server" entitled "Auto connect at startup" and that page is for a specific, named remote server.

Last edited:

yggdrasil

n3wb
Reaction score
Any answers found in BI's built-in "Help" under "Remote Management" => "Connection" ?

There's a check box under "Remote Server" entitled "Auto connect at startup" and that page is for a specific, named remote server.
Yes, that option is already set, but you still need to go to the top of the screen and switch from Local to the Remote PC every time. The connection is already done automatically, my question is rather if it will automatically open the cameras instead of having to select it from that dropdown each time. The selection is on the top menu bar next to the shield bar, this makes sense if you are switching between your local installation and multiple Blue Iris installations, but in this case, I don't have any camera setup on my laptop. There is no local data and I only installed Blue Iris to connect to the remote installation. I would like to open that installation automatically when I open blue iris without having to switch from local to the remote one each time. I imagine if someone also had multiple remote installations, maybe they want to use one as the default when launching the software as well.