OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Question for you, is it possible to edit the default search range? I never saw any performance increase when adding it, so now most of the time I just delete the entry manually

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just checking if you were still around. Any updates or new features planned?

Nd1776

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone kindly point me to a guide to setting this up? I've seen references to a Wiki on it, but all the links go to the generic IPCT Wiki with nothing about this project. Am I missing it? Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone kindly point me to a guide to setting this up? I've seen references to a Wiki on it, but all the links go to the generic IPCT Wiki with nothing about this project. Am I missing it? Thanks!
You have to go back to the first page of this thread and then kinda follow along with all the changes. This is a member created project and is not in the wiki.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone else have the Rekor DB cleared out without their knowledge? I only have plates going back as far as 7/25 now in the webhook processor. I should have over 6 months worth of plates.

Edit: Actually, the webhook processor seems to not be pulling my old plates in. In my OpenALPR cloud dashboard, it is telling me that the oldest image is 9 months old. @mlapaglia Any idea on why it's not showing all my images in the processor?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone else have the Rekor DB cleared out without their knowledge? I only have plates going back as far as 7/25 now in the webhook processor. I should have over 6 months worth of plates.

Edit: Actually, the webhook processor seems to not be pulling my old plates in. In my OpenALPR cloud dashboard, it is telling me that the oldest image is 9 months old. @mlapaglia Any idea on why it's not showing all my images in the processor?
if you just updated to the latest openalpr agent they changed the config for the storage size, 4GB became 4MB. i had a thread about it on the openalpr forum, but it looks like they took down the whole site.
here's a cached version: Free disk space stuck at 8GB

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
if you just updated to the latest openalpr agent they changed the config for the storage size, 4GB became 4MB. i had a thread about it on the openalpr forum, but it looks like they took down the whole site.
here's a cached version: Free disk space stuck at 8GB
No I didn’t update. Still on the one from last year. I've not touched anything honestly in months.

Something is messed up somewhere. The Dashboard is telling my my oldest plate is 9 months old:

But the Webhook is only showing me plates as old as 8/6
:

Untitled.pngUntitled.pngUntitled.pngUntitled.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Nevermind! For some reason I wasn't able to change the date on my tablet. Seems to be working on my desktop!

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My processor.db file is up to 88gb. Any way it would be possible to have the existing images extracted and stored separately? My goal would be to store the images on NFS or CIFS, which is not currently possible with the database file without having issues. This would allow the freeing up of precious space on my SSD as well!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
You could store that .db separately and then start a new one. You would have to manually copy it out somewhere. Then if you ever want to access plates inside of it, you would have to manually copy it back in or just change your startup environment variables to point to it.

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could store that .db separately and then start a new one. You would have to manually copy it out somewhere. Then if you ever want to access plates inside of it, you would have to manually copy it back in or just change your startup environment variables to point to it.
The goal is to maintain constant access to the entire database. This is needed especially when you see a potentially suspicious vehicle and it was spotted previously regardless of how long ago.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I would also love being able to store the clips elsewhere to the DB, then I could also thin the image separately from the DB

When I've seen a car 500 times I don't really need the image of them going past 4 years ago, but I'd like the record that they did

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it me or does the vehicle color filter not work? I'm not sure if that data is still being sent.

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the fix! I'm not sure what the memory usage should be. Mine currently sits with ~631mb memory and 2.8gb cache without the web GUI being accessed. Spikes a little when web GUI is accessed and comes back to the same level. Seems a bit high. Not sure what everyone else is seeing.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you for the fix! I'm not sure what the memory usage should be. Mine currently sits with ~631mb memory and 2.8gb cache without the web GUI being accessed. Spikes a little when web GUI is accessed and comes back to the same level. Seems a bit high. Not sure what everyone else is seeing.
About in line with mine. I'm at around 900mb, but I do have a lot of activity

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Question, is there any future plans for more color coding?

I have a lot of vehicles drive past, but a lot of them are vehicles I know are "good", if there were a way to be able to color code these green, it would be pretty cool. I guess just another "Add to X list" but the list is green colored

Nd1776

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a beautiful setup, but opening a firewall port and pointing it right to my computer poses a risk I'm not comfortable with.

Has anyone explored pulling data into this directly from the local webserver (or something like the LPR Downloader from Gymratz)? Forgive my ignorance if that's a stupid question, but it would seem ideal to stay as much within your own network as possible.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a beautiful setup, but opening a firewall port and pointing it right to my computer poses a risk I'm not comfortable with.

Has anyone explored pulling data into this directly from the local webserver (or something like the LPR Downloader from Gymratz)? Forgive my ignorance if that's a stupid question, but it would seem ideal to stay as much within your own network as possible.
Ideally you’d put any forward facing services in a DMZ to limit vulnerabilities.

If you pay for Rekors higher plan you can run their web server locally. This service is mostly for their cheaper plan where you can’t do that.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just turned on logging in my firewall for that port for a month, then grabbed all of the AWS IP's hitting it (Rekor) and made an alias for them. It can of course break, but so far it hasn't