mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
my rekor agent's web server port is 4382
1633058341090.png

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hmm where do I check that out? All im running is rekor agent.
found it..

had to go to my rekor scout configure and go to Configure > Data Destination > Local Queue > set webservice port and check webservice debug (however, this deregisters your agent with the cloud) so you have to go back in and set it to the cloud by logging in with user and password or register with cloud.

Then I had to port forward on windows defender firewall to access the webserver on other machines on my network.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be great! I would love to haha I have a weird passion for writing docs
At the bottom of the page there should be a "fork" button to make your own copy of the wiki, you can make your changes there then open a pull request and I'll merge the changes in.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
At the bottom of the page there should be a "fork" button to make your own copy of the wiki, you can make your changes there then open a pull request and I'll merge the changes in.
sounds good. I will work on it sometime tomorrow! and once I have a better understanding of everything

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a way to confirm this is working? my logs dont show and not getting any data in it

and cant seem to figure out the cam overlay url..

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So its working, but no images comes through? im assuming its because I haven't set up camera overlay yet?

1633145860006.png
I guess the main thing im trying to figure out is what is the ideal setup for this?

Like im running the rekor agent on a windows VM. It sends the data to cloud via logging into my openalpr account on the rekor agent.
-Can I send the data to the cloud and webserver?
- Or do I need to choose webserver as the data destination and just use webhook-proccessor?

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the processor needs to be able to access the rekor agent to pull back the images, do you have a firewall or networking problem that is keeping the processor from reaching the rekor agent. Same with the camera overlays, the agent needs to be on the same network as the cameras in order to send the overlay commands.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the processor needs to be able to access the rekor agent to pull back the images, do you have a firewall or networking problem that is keeping the processor from reaching the rekor agent. Same with the camera overlays, the agent needs to be on the same network as the cameras in order to send the overlay commands.
Does the agent setup pull that or the webhook?

It's pulling new plates that come through (the processor), but no images come through.

And I can't figure out what the cam overlay url. That's the only thing missing from my camera setup.

Does the webhook provide the data or the scrape?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the openalpr processor gets the webhook sent by the cloud. the openalpr processor then calls the agent to get the images when you load them up in your browser.
i don't understand what Does the webhook provide the data or the scrape? means though.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah okay. So in order to get my cloud to get 'test successful' from the cloud, I had to port forward and use my public IP..

Is that normal or are people using their local IP? In my case 192.168.1.19:3859

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the openalpr processor gets the webhook sent by the cloud. the openalpr processor then calls the agent to get the images when you load them up in your browser.
i don't understand what Does the webhook provide the data or the scrape? means though.
So that means my webhook is working (public IP), but it's not pulling the images from the agent?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if you're getting results showing up in your processor ui that means it can talk to the cloud correctly. you need to get it to talk to the local agent running on your network to get the images. It's the same way the cloud works, it doesn't store images locally, it calls your agent to get them on the fly.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you are getting it to show ANY images that means it can connect fine and you have another kind of issue with the agent.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E uses the string http://192.168.2.17/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].CustomTitle[1].Text= replace your ip address obviously

You should be able to click Save and then Trigger Overlay for quick testing.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are getting it to show ANY images that means it can connect fine and you have another kind of issue with the agent.
I mean the agent is showing images on my VM. But it's only sending a little to the webserver. It all goes to the cloud