OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well we have some progress, dynamic dns running, plates are being logged, now I just need to work out why the vehicle and plate image look like this :facepalm::lmao:

1630693376195.png

I should be more excited :clap: but it's been a long road, appreciate the assistance so far.

The Endpoint URL is also still phasing me, this is my local Windows computer IP address xxx.xxx.x.xx where Docker and Rekor agent live followed by the local webserver port 80? the port is throwing me more! presume this only refers to scraping data.

Also, should the 'scrape' pull down existing plates logged within OpenAlpr/Rekor? Thanks :thumb: - scratch that, just been reading that the scrape pulls data from the Rekor scout/agent only.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Its showing question marks like that because his service isn't connecting to the OpenALPR/Rekor agent wherever you are running it from. It needs to be the ip where the Rekor agent is located with the default agent port of 8355. Here is my endpoint where my Rekor Agent runs: http://10.200.200.16:8355.

Nothing from his service run externally on port 80 so don't worry about that. His container runs internally on port 80 but you can only access it using the external port you mapped when you started the container and that defaults to 3859.

Last edited:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its showing question marks like that because his service isn't connecting to the OpenALPR/Rekor agent wherever you are running it from. It needs to be the ip where the Rekor agent is located with the default agent port of 8355. Here is my endpoint where my Rekor Agent runs: http://10.200.200.16:8355.

Nothing from his service run externally on port 80 so don't worry about that. His container runs internally on port 80 but you can only access using the external port you mapped when you started the container and that defaults to 3859.
You are a star thank you, port 8355 had not cropped up on my radar until now even though you kindly posted it for me on the previous page :facepalm: :banghead: not sure why I ignored that, sorry.

Images displaying and scrape working fine. Next job is to make sure overlay works OK, quiet time now so probably tomorrow. Appreciated as always, last 24 hours have seen some good progress which we like :thumb:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent. When you get everything up and running you should do a write up for the Windows side of the setup. He can put that in the OP.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Excellent. When you get everything up and running you should do a write up for the Windows side of the setup. He can put that in the OP.
Great minds, I was just about to post the same, once I am happy all is good that is exactly what I will do. Want to work out how to make sure I can backup the settings side with regards to Docker also. Going to make a few notes at this stage to make the write up easier. I will do an idiots guide so to speak, which based on my previous posts and questions I should be well qualified for :lmao:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Out of interest do you run substream feed to Rekor or main full resolution stream, I have been running substream as per Blue iris console to reduce CPU. My CPU use ranges from 19 through to 40% on average, with motion and Ai events it maxes out to 100. I have a GTX 1660 card awaiting install which I am hoping will drop that down.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Out of interest do you run substream feed to Rekor or main full resolution stream, I have been running substream as per Blue iris console to reduce CPU. My CPU use ranges from 19 through to 40% on average, with motion and Ai events it maxes out to 100. I have a GTX 1660 card awaiting install which I am hoping will drop that down.
Full resolution to Rekor. 1080@20fps. I have CBR set at around 14Mbps going straight to the agent. You are going to get subpar LPR reads using the substream especially in dim lighting. Up it to at least 720p.

You can use GPUs but you will be drawing more power. That GPU will draw approx 100w under full load. That's a lot of power and heat.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Full resolution to Rekor. 1080@20fps. I have CBR set at around 14Mbps going straight to the agent. You are going to get subpar LPR reads using the substream especially in dim lighting. Up it to at least 720p.

You can use GPUs but you will be drawing more power. That GPU will draw approx 100w under full load. That's a lot of power and heat.
Thanks, I switched it to 1080 just after my post earlier, I suspected it would be struggling with D1 on the substream. The camera I am currently using is running 1080@20fps.

I know the 1660 is going to be overkill for the job to some degree, you would be surprised that they don't always draw so much power, it can vary from 20-45w when idle or during light use. Anything up to 100-120w possible under full load but I am hoping with 8-10 cameras it should cope pretty well. Current system has Noctua fans, CPU included, it runs quiet and cool. I will report back here and in the other Blue Iris Ai thread with my results from the GPU upgrade.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah report back on power usage. I’m curious.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah report back on power usage. I’m curious.
Will do, I dug around the in depth reviews and the consumption surprised me at idle, nowhere near what you expect. I looked at the lesser cards but wanted high cuda cores if possible and good value :rolleyes: relatively speaking. Shall report back once tested. Just enabled Pushover also!

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another day and a few issues. After I set the Rekor agent feed to mainstream the license plate recognition stopped, no plates highlighted when vehicle passes. I restarted and motion works with a red box around the vehicle but no plate gets highlighted or detected, odd. In the end I deleted the camera from Rekor, added again and all is fine, bizarre.

That is in some ways secondary to my other issue which is the minute I exit or restart Docker all settings are lost or link is broken. Essentially I start the existing docker container which was storing login, plates etc and it runs, I go to open in browser/localhost and the previous user doesn't exist, I have to register and everything is back to default with no entries :facepalm: Settings and data are either being stored in memory and/or not stored permanently, else I have configured incorrectly, annoying but never mind. Any thoughts welcomed, two steps back etc. For reference my "app/config/" folders referenced in the "docker run" command are empty and to the best of my knowledge always have been.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
That is in some ways secondary to my other issue which is the minute I exit or restart Docker all settings are lost or link is broken. Essentially I start the existing docker container which was storing login, plates etc and it runs, I go to open in browser/localhost and the previous user doesn't exist, I have to register and everything is back to default with no entries :facepalm: Settings and data are either being stored in memory and/or not stored permanently, else I have configured incorrectly, annoying but never mind. Any thoughts welcomed, two steps back etc. For reference my "app/config/" folders referenced in the "docker run" command are empty and to the best of my knowledge always have been.
Post your full startup cmd line you are using to start his service. It sounds like you don't have a directory mapped properly which holds the user and config databases or its Windows being annoying and preventing the service from writing to the location you have mapped. What does settings -> system logs show upon starting his service? Any errors in there?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Startup command line as follows:

docker run -d -p 3816:80 -v "/alprwebhook/app/config/":"/app/config/" mlapaglia/openalprwebhookprocessor:v3.16.0

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't see any errors, grab of Windows Docker container inspection...

1630757725838.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
And the path /alprwebhook/app/config/ exists to have files stored in it? May want to try the full path (e.g. C:\whatever\alprwebhook\app\config).

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And the path /alprwebhook/app/config/ exists to have files stored in it? May want to try the full path (e.g. C:\whatever\alprwebhook\app\config).
That is correct, it is on root c:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Try it with a full path and see if that changes anything.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try it with a full path and see if that changes anything.
View attachment 100428

Still the same

View attachment 100553

Double quotes fails with this

View attachment 100554

probably easier if you see the whole command and error...

View attachment 100564

Would be nice to have success with the dotnet version also, I tried a few (sdk) including:
without any joy. Apologise for my lack of knowledge/skill in this area, anything you need please shout and I will post. Hopefully will help others and leave you more valuable time to concentrate on the good stuff. Thanks.
Sadly that failed, syntax error?!?

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oddly enough this just worked now!

1630763474214.png

o_O

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say it probably needs forward slashes. :)