OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
The vini.az website returns free spec data via a URL, using the VIN:

{VIN}

Registering for an API is easy. Their API page shows how, and also how to add funds, check for balance, run a report, etc. But the report types are autocheck, carmax, etc. which will return a lot of data, at $5 per report. We'll see what they say about plate API for specs only.

I recommend that we set up a group conversation so as to not flood this thread.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The vini.az website returns free spec data via a URL, using the VIN:

{VIN}

Registering for an API is easy. Their API page shows how, and also how to add funds, check for balance, run a report, etc. But the report types are autocheck, carmax, etc. which will return a lot of data, at $5 per report. We'll see what they say about plate API for specs only.

I recommend that we set up a group conversation so as to not flood this thread.
Just digging into this, but I am also interested in a solution as well. I would appreciate being included in a group conversation if nothing else to keep up to date.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Just digging into this, but I am also interested in a solution as well. I would appreciate being included in a group conversation if nothing else to keep up to date.
The software was already updated by Gymratz, You can pull the latest copy from the git hub page. It is fully operational at this time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to the latest gymratz github that has the newest api solution.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wittaj @tech101 Thanks! This is my first time updating, before I screw this up I thought I would ask. What is the approved way to get this updated when I already have it isntalled?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are already running the copy here is what you can do. Pull the latest viewer Copy from Github.

1) Pull the latest viewer Copy from Github.
2) Extract the copy on to a new folder.
3) Make sure To go to the properties of individual files (By Right Clicking on them) like LPR,Dashboard etc and check if, there is a unblock button Then check and hit apply ok.
4) Open the LPR.SLN in Visual Studio.
5) Click on Build -- and Build Solution.
6) Check new LPR/Viewer folder now that the solution is build. it should be under Bin/Debug Folder.
7) Go to old Viewer Folder and copy the LPR config file From Bin/Debug Folder and move it to the new Bin/Debug folder. (It will ask replace existing hit ok).

Done, Hope this helps.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 ^ @tech101 is a master of detailed instructions and I followed this and was up and running again in a few minutes!

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I am close but now when I open the Viewer I get Procedure or function SP_LPR_GetDBStats has too many arguments specified. I am assuming I need to fix something in SQL Studio?

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fixed it, I took a calculated risk, deleted the table, and re-ran the original script to rebuild that table. The app now loads, the original error came from running the update scripts from the "Update Instructions". Notice how I asked for help but got impatient and preceded... Anyhow, thanks for the help! The plates are updating again WHOO!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Sweet, Also it will help in future before making any sql changes always take a backup of sql database first. That way you always have a good solid backup to fall back too.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One more question, if I click on the Load button for "Load Forensic for Historic Plates" under Settings. Will it go through all the plates in the DB and update the plates? I clicked load but nothing seems to happen.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
One more question, if I click on the Load button for "Load Forensic for Historic Plates" under Settings. Will it go through all the plates in the DB and update the plates? I clicked load but nothing seems to happen.
It should update every new plate which comes in. It will not check the plates with errors. Now in order to do that You have two options.

First option - On the error plates select them and hit Plate Forensics - That will update it rite away.

Second Option - Make sure to Take a Sql Backup First. Once you have a solid back up.

1) Open Sql Management Studio. (Make Sure to Take Backup First)
2) Run This Query (Provided by Gymratz)

Delete From LPR_AutoCheck Where VIN = 'Error'

What the above query does is. It clears the Error status of those records.

3) Close Sql Managment Studio.

Now all the error out plates should be able to load up on either the automatic check at midnight or If you load them thru the setting button. Remember this may take few min/hours Depending how many records it will have to go through.

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are already running the copy here is what you can do. Pull the latest viewer Copy from Github.

1) Pull the latest viewer Copy from Github.
2) Extract the copy on to a new folder.
3) Make sure To go to the properties of individual files (By Right Clicking on them) like LPR,Dashboard etc and check if, there is a unblock button Then check and hit apply ok.
4) Open the LPR.SLN in Visual Studio.
5) Click on Build -- and Build Solution.
6) Check new LPR/Viewer folder now that the solution is build. it should be under Bin/Debug Folder.
7) Go to old Viewer Folder and copy the LPR config file From Bin/Debug Folder and move it to the new Bin/Debug folder. (It will ask replace existing hit ok).

Done, Hope this helps.
I must be doing something wrong because I'm still getting an error. Can you clarify in step 3 what you mean? Right click the file and if there's an unlock button?

I downloaded the latest Viewer and rebuilt it but still getting an error when using plate lookup.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just FYI - the new API worked for a few days and now error messages again.

Folks are working on another solution, hopefully.

At the moment, probably best to uncheck the daily option to pull plate info to avoid the error.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like we've found a site which allows plate look ups for VIN, year, make, model, engine and body. They are charging $15 a monthly subscription for this service, per individual, via PayPal. Details to follow.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong because I'm still getting an error. Can you clarify in step 3 what you mean? Right click the file and if there's an unlock button?

I downloaded the latest Viewer and rebuilt it but still getting an error when using plate lookup.
Sprite the latest instructions have been updated now on the PDF walk thru Post Here.

As Dlong2 Mentioned at this time we do NOT know any Free source for VIN, MAKE, YEAR, MODEL / Engine type information. We have found one which is $15/ month. Which has been integreated into the latest build. if you still want MAKE, YEAR, MODEL Etc.. Details are on the page on how to sign up as well.

If, You choose NOT to get $15/month service. You will still be able to use the Viewer just fine for the plate records. Only thing you will not be able to do is pull the Make Year Model of the vehicle record as that is only a Paid Subscription Service at this time.

Thanks !

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sprite the latest instructions have been updated now on the PDF walk thru Post Here.

As Dlong2 Mentioned at this time we do NOT know any Free source for VIN, MAKE, YEAR, MODEL / Engine type information. We have found one which is $15/ month. Which has been integreated into the latest build. if you still want MAKE, YEAR, MODEL Etc.. Details are on the page on how to sign up as well.

If, You choose NOT to get $15/month service. You will still be able to use the Viewer just fine for the plate records. Only thing you will not be able to do is pull the Make Year Model of the vehicle record as that is only a Paid Subscription Service at this time.

Thanks !
Thanks for providing an update. I just noticed that the previous solution wasn't working. That's too bad it's no longer free, but it's nice to have an option.