OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a quick follow up and to post this info in case someone else has a similar issue. I was having issues with the LPR Viewer not displaying the images and other info. I missed it in the guide and I didn't have the web server enabled in the OpenALPR app.

web_server_enabled = 1
web_server_debug = 1
web_service_bind_address = 0.0.0.0
web_server_port = 8355

Thanks again to @tech101 @Gymratz & @DLONG2

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to setup sql backups automatically for the all the plate records ?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm. Wondering what format a backup of the SQL tables would need to be in. Perhaps a CSV format? Does the SQL Management Studio offer any backup feature?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Usually I go to Sql Server Managment studio, Select the database in this case LPR Then task and backup Manually.

1621377994475.png

The file are .bak

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I found this article on SQL Server Express automatic scheduled backups . . . would this apply? I use my hobby Azure database in the cloud rather than a local database, and can't really test it out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know if this happened to anyone else today or just me, but somehow my OpenALPR license got corrupt and the agent quit working and then totally messed up this tool.

I had to deregister and reregister to get the cameras going on.

Just an FYI in the event someone isn't jumping in the tool everyday or it happened after you last did a review like me today.

And are all these skipped normal?

1622867816632.png

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't know if this happened to anyone else today or just me, but somehow my OpenALPR license got corrupt and the agent quit working and then totally messed up this tool.

I had to deregister and reregister to get the cameras going on.

Just an FYI in the event someone isn't jumping in the tool everyday or it happened after you last did a review like me today.
Sorry to hear the service glitched for you. My OpenALPR account has been stable. Did you have to reinstall the agent client software? After rebooting my PC early this AM for a Windows update, I noticed it took a while for the camera to get connected within the agent client.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the service glitched for you. My OpenALPR account has been stable. Did you have to reinstall the agent client software? After rebooting my PC early this AM for a Windows update, I noticed it took a while for the camera to get connected within the agent client.
Mine has been stable since I installed it 6 months ago. This is the first glitch.

It conked out 12 hours ago and when I opened the agent it said the license was corrupt. I did not have to reinstall the agent software. It mentioned to try a de-register and re-register and that got it going again.

The tool is working again thankfully.

Pulling up the logs, I just noticed that the time corresponded to a manual reboot of the computer when I was trying to get DeepStack to work with the custom models. I have done that before with no issues, but something must have caught this time.

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My BI box has been up for 21 days since last reboot. Still working here.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine has been stable as well. I did install the recent windows update as well no issues. Only update I have not install in terms of windows update is the 21H1.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Update - I believe whats going on is the Site it uses is coming back with a Captcha verfication error :( That is why error on the vin info.. Wonder if we have another site we can use to make this work again.. Not sure.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like the JSON call for VIN data has stopped working. The webpage query returns this message:

Whitelabel Error Page
This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.
Sun Jun 13 01:58:52 UTC 2021
There was an unexpected error (type=Bad Request, status=400).
reCaptcha was not successfully validated. Null recaptcha token.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh no :mad:

Hopefully you wizards can work your magic and make it work again?!?!?!?!

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like Esperian operates the website. They want $49.99 for unlimited VIN/plate lookups within 21 days. Might as well be asking $4,999. Even so, the data they can provide is very deep, where all the LPR hobbyist is interested in are the make/model/year/VIN. Wonder if they could consider a different tiered level than what a car buyer or dealer might need.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like the JSON call for VIN data has stopped working. The webpage query returns this message:

Whitelabel Error Page
This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.
Sun Jun 13 01:58:52 UTC 2021
There was an unexpected error (type=Bad Request, status=400).
reCaptcha was not successfully validated. Null recaptcha token.
Yea, That is what I was getting too.. When going to the link directly. :( hope there is another site which will let us do this.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will start looking around to see if I can find another site, as I know several of you are too.

What is interesting is it lets you manually type in a plate and state and get the result, so maybe (I don't know beyond my capability), there is another way to retrieve this info from that site?