OpenALPR - No more free rides

LucyM

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes Just noticed it on my account as well, What are the alternatives ? Any good one Or can we run our own.. If yes, Is there a guide.. on how to go about it.. Thank you !
I did some research online and it looks like License Plate Recognition - High Accuracy ANPR is a good alternative.
Edited by Fenderman: LucyM is an employee of Plate Recognizer and this is a spam post. See below.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at this PlateRecognizer.com website, their pricing plans jump from Free for 2,500 look-ups, to $50 a month for up to 50,000 look-ups. My quiet street gets around 3,000 plates a month.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with @DLONG2. Even my streets get lots more hit a month. I like the Openalpr now that the home plan is not that expensive $5 a month per camera I think worth it. I have two dedicated lpr so adds to $10 pretty fair I think for the price.

Now I think there was a guide here once where someone made openalpr run locally for everything.. I did follow that guide was not able to get it running not sure if anyone has.. or not..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did some research online and it looks like License Plate Recognition - High Accuracy ANPR is a good alternative.
Sad that a company that integrates with blue iris posts FAKE reviews by an employee. Why do you feel the need to lie? Is your product that bad? You claimed to do your research but missed the part of what I do to liars and scammers who come here to deceive. Perhaps you should stick to selling real estate. The BS you can push in that industry is staggering.

Last edited:

Taigar

n3wb
Reaction score
And the sad thing is, their integration with Blue Iris actually works really well...
This is not going to help to get more people to try their software.

I am using their free version, and after about 10 days my limit is reached. I cannot justify spending 50 bucks per month for plate recognition.

walet39

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe there are a lot of users here who use OpenALPR's Watchman software, the free license edition that allows you to use 2 cameras and they retain data in their cloud for a couple days - no alerts.

I just went to their site and it looks like they are making changes. I see a new home license is showing at $5.00 per camera.

My account has changed from the free level to a commercial trial that will expire at the end of Feb.

I have not received any email about this change, but it looks like the free ride is over.

Does anyone have any other details about what OpenALPR is doing?
OpenALPR plug-in is now available work with Digifort 64-bit version 7.3.
Instead of doing on cloud, it could be other alternative to run on your own server.LPR Configure 2.JPGLPR Configure.JPG
Please found here: Downloads

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Taigar - I have seen that functionality in BI but haven't tried it yet - is it easy to set-up?

@walet39 - I haven't heard of Digifort - are you using this system? How much is it? It shows download but I am assuming it asks for a license key once you open it?

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Taigar - I have seen that functionality in BI but haven't tried it yet - is it easy to set-up?

@walet39 - I haven't heard of Digifort - are you using this system? How much is it? It shows download but I am assuming it asks for a license key once you open it?
Digifort is massively expensive.... thousands of dollars to get what BI gives me for $100, with 29 cameras

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I figured Digifort was expensive, but the poster comes on here and posts it like it is a free service and the link goes straight to a download letting one to assume it is free. And of course no pricing on their website, which is usually an indicator as to it's cost!

Reaction score
And of course no pricing on their website
If you dig around on their website, you find that you have to buy from a reseller. You select a country and it lists resellers for that country.

This is not something that a hobbyist or homeowner would use. It is for govt and businesses.

No idea why @walet39 bothered to post it here.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I figured Digifort was expensive, but the poster comes on here and posts it like it is a free service and the link goes straight to a download letting one to assume it is free. And of course no pricing on their website, which is usually an indicator as to it's cost!
He has only posted a few times - each time supporting Digifort..... so "Peter / walet39" is probably an employee or reseller.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe he is offering the LPR free to members of this site:p

Reaction score
I am not, Sir.
Just try their 30-days free/demo version, it is so easy to setup and use/configure.
So I like to share this info with others.
And after that, it's $140 per camera, and that was six years ago. I'm guessing it's higher by now. Even SecuritySpy for the Mac (which is considerably more expensive than Blue Iris) doesn't come close to that price per camera. (Full disclosure: I use SecuritySpy.)

Since you like to "share news" about Digifort to others, how about telling everyone what it really costs?

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I looked at the site @walet39 was promoting, it did not seem like something a hobby user would be overly interested in. Sites that have no upfront pricing are a PITA and not something I enjoy.

Only 1 time did I ever go through the process of buying a product from a company like that. It was for a remote desktop acceleration software, they were NOT happy to sell me a single license.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not, Sir.
Just try their 30-days free/demo version, it is so easy to setup and use/configure.
So I like to share this info with others.
I'm very skeptical of this statement. Do you work or have any relationship to a Digifort reseller or in anyway related to digifort? Here is why you are suspect. You have been a member since 2014. You have 5 posts and everyone of them is related to digifort. Even you comment on someones profile implies you are selling a software solution. The time to come clean is now.

This is your comment.
"Hello, I am Peter.

Refer to your other post titled "200 IP Cameras and PC NVR" dated Oct 15, 2017.
I can help you out of this problem and get the solution.

So if you don't mind, please replying this message to explore more.
Thanks. "

Taigar

n3wb
Reaction score
@wittay, the manual gives a little bit info on page 52 and further. Have a look at the following pages for some more info:

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I will try to answer them as good as possible.