IPCT Open Port Checker

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
So, i can only check the IP i'm appearing to come from at this moment?

any reason not to allow edits there? or plans to allow that?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
So, i can only check the IP i'm appearing to come from at this moment?

any reason not to allow edits there? or plans to allow that?
That is correct and there are no plans to change it. It's like this for security reasons to prevent scanning of other networks and misuse.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.

Am I required to enter the ports I want scanned? Any plans to auto scan all ports or at least the important ones all at once?
You are required to enter the port. It works like canyouseeme.org. I don't plan on on having it scan common ports.

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I also use the Gibson site.

I have been having odd issues with certain functions of various websites not appearing or working incorrectly in my browsers so was really checking to see if I was seeing the complete functionality of the new webpage.

Regards,

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I also use the Gibson site.

I have been having odd issues with certain functions of various websites not appearing or working incorrectly in my browsers so was really checking to see if I was seeing the complete functionality of the new webpage.

Regards,
Are you having issues with IPCT?

griffths

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you having issues with IPCT?
So far it appears not but that is why I originally asked because the page looked like it should have had a few more buttons in my browser.

I run noscript in Firefox which really messes up some webpages even if I add the page to the whitelist. Not sure why but there must be something else going on that noscript doesn't like about certain sites.