ONVIF stopped working after 4.0.4.4 x64

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Windows 8.1

I dont know if this is a BI issue or something else.

Today I upgraded to 4.0.4.4 . Afterwards I could no longer control my Dahua and a no-name China camera with Blue Iris. Blue Iris controls my Foscams just fine, but I dont think they use onvif.
I have ONVIF Device Manager installed on the same PC as Blue Iris. It can still control the affected cameras.

I have tried no avail the following
1. Temp turn off Windows Firewall and anti-virus.
2. Reboot Cameras
3. Reboot PC running Blue Iris.
4. Import a Settings backup from before 4.0.4.4

Not sure where to look next. Anybody have any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Windows 8.1

I dont know if this is a BI issue or something else.

Today I upgraded to 4.0.4.4 . Afterwards I could no longer control my Dahua and a no-name China camera with Blue Iris. Blue Iris controls my Foscams just fine, but I dont think they use onvif.
I have ONVIF Device Manager installed on the same PC as Blue Iris. It can still control the affected cameras.

I have tried no avail the following
1. Temp turn off Windows Firewall and anti-virus.
2. Reboot Cameras
3. Reboot PC running Blue Iris.
4. Import a Settings backup from before 4.0.4.4

Not sure where to look next. Anybody have any ideas?
Rollback 4.0.4.3 and see if it helps...

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's a good idea Fenderman. I have looked all over the BlueIris software website and I cant find older installers. Can you point to where they can be found?

randy

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have another PC that I moved my Bi from about 3 weeks ago. It had 4.0.4.2 on it. I copied that to my currently licensed PC, now I can control my ONVIF cameras again.

4.0.4.2 - ONVIF works
4.0.4.4 - ONVIF does not work.

I emailed Support to let them know.

randy

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have another PC that I moved my Bi from about 3 weeks ago. It had 4.0.4.2 on it. I copied that to my currently licensed PC, now I can control my ONVIF cameras again.

4.0.4.2 - ONVIF works
4.0.4.4 - ONVIF does not work.

I emailed Support to let them know.

randy
Thanks for the update...im sure he will fix it...
This is why I dont update unless there is a problem with the current version or there is a new added feature that I need..
I always keep a bunch of backup installers as well so i can revert to an earlier version...
Let me know if you need 4.0.4.3, though you may as well wait for the 4.5 update..

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ken emailed and asked me this:
"What do you have specified for ONVIF port and "alternate port" for ptz in blue Iris? Yes this did change and these are now significant. "

I responded with:
"in 4.0.4.2 and 4.0.4.4 for both affected cameras, on the PTZ/Control tab:

Network IP : OXML
Use another ip/port is NOT checked "

And then I followed up with:
"Your query got me thinking. Just now, in 4.0.4.4 I checked the box for Use another ip/port. I kept it at default 80. This is now working for both cameras."

So in summary, 4.0.4.4 required that I check the box for "Use another ip/port." And the default offered port 80, worked just fine.

randy