ONVIF help

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I have 12 acusense cameras and acusense NVR DS-7616NXI-I2-/16P/S

I also have a 2 gig edge alarm panel with my security company that accepts ONVIF IP cameras. Only option on the panel is to add camera user name and password and then it searches for the ip camera.
So I went into the NVR and enabled ONVIF. Created a user name and password with admin status for the profile.

When I entered that info into the alarm panel it did discover the NVR and displays channel 1. When I click on the camera to view it, it says camera is offline. But it does display camera 1s feed. but no other channels.
So I went online to one of my actual cameras and there too enabled ONVIF with the same steps as above. Thinking I could find the camera directly instead of the NVR. But no devices were found.
the panel can have up to 8 ip cameras added. I wanted a o at least add a couple of my front door and yard cameras to the panel. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I assume I’m having issues since it is on the NVRs POE switch but I’m a newbie to all of this so I don’t really know.
Thanks for any help!

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would look into setting a static route in your router.
This route would allow direct access from your home network to the NVRs Poe network which is almost certainly a different subnet.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
if the NVR is a POE version the switch could lie on a different network number like 10.x.x.x vs the Wan of the NVR at 192.x.x.x
if there is a way to toggle the switch to the same net as the Wan....You could probably start seeing cameras.

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would look into setting a static route in your router.
This route would allow direct access from your home network to the NVRs Poe network which is almost certainly a different subnet.
Not sure I can do this on my Xfinity router :(

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So seems like the only way to get the cameras on my actual LAN would be to plug it in directly to my router instead of the POE switch? Is the panel not finding it because they are on the NVRs own network and not mine?
This really stinks as I was looking forward to this feature on the panel.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you plug them into a standard Poe switch, that will make them on the same net as ' The Panel" then the panel will find them. then you'll have to plug the NVR into that Poe switch and do "add a device -remote" by letting the NVR find cameras external to itself.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
not exactly what i had in mind, but close enough so you get the idea.
any cam you want the panel to find would have to be on an external POE switch.....the others could stay connected to the NVR.....

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wonder if I could do that to get a local ip address on the camera and then add it back to the NVR manually entering in the LAN ip address instead of plug and play?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If go in my NVR and go to cameras tab,,,and let it search for devices it shows cams and nvrs with external and internal IP addresses
1668908050926.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not seeing in my Xfinity router where I can set a static route.
I dont know anything about that specific router. If you google the model and static route you should have your answers. The best solution is to ditch their garbage and use your own. Something like this.

Alternatively, you can buy a poe switch, put the cameras on the switch, they will then be able to access them directly as their ip addresses will match your routers scheme.