Only 6 days of red dots in Alerts

alwaysoff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do I only have 6 red dots on the Alert calendar? (My system has been running for months).

1655464654967.png

How can I browse past alerts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check your clips and archive tab.

Either one of them is set to delete after 6 days or the storage is set small that it is deleting after 6 days.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep for the alerts and it looks like your alerts are set to 6 days or the storage is so small it only keeps for 6 days

alwaysoff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Limit clip age for the "Alerts" folder was ticked and set to 7 days. But I thought that was just for the actual video clip files (mp4). I thought the red dots being markers in the database, would then play the video from the main bvr which is stored until the disk limit is reached. The oldest bvr in my Stored folder goes back to February 2022.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you will still have the video for longer if you have that set for longer in clips and archiving, but the alert images in this case disappear after 6 days, so if you clicked on the calendar a day for last month, you will have no alert images to click to view the trigger and would have to watch the whole bvr.

The red dots simply show the days you have alert images for, which in your case is 6 days due to your settings.

alwaysoff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are they "images" (as in jpg)? And do I need to store actual clips, duplicating the video data, since it should also be stored in the big bvr file? I have unticked the 7 days settings for now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you tell it to store high rez alert images, they are simply markers on the bvr file that are not accessible as actual images.

You are not storing actual video clips under alerts, it is simply a pointer to the bvr file. In your screenshot above where it shows 11 seconds - that time is simply the duration of the trigger. There is no additional video clip of 11 seconds (unless you overrode default settings and told it to save motion clips as a gif or mp4). It is simply a pointer to the bvr file.

I have mine set to 1GB and mine go back months, but if I look in the alerts folder, mine shows no files.