one of three cameras only show in Blue Iris

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
I have three TopCams in my house, Only one shows in Blue Iris, I have attached a pic of the setting for the one that works, when I try to ad camera I get nothing even if I set it up the same. Any suggestions?

I paired Each of these Camera with my Motorola NVG 589 router successfully and the three IP addresses assigned are 192.168.1.184, 192.168.1.186 and 192.168.1.191, (192.168.1.184) is the only one working. I should add that I am currently trying the demo version and plan to buy the full version if I can get it working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi ths54. The picture that you loaded does not show the camera setup. What you are showing is the BlueIris web service setup. What you should be looking at is the camera properties for each camera. So, when you add a camera each one has its own properties. Under the video tab there is configure. Each camera will have its own ip address. Also, keep in mind that each camera must have a unique name and short name under the general tab of the camera properties.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this the screen you are talking about? Also I think I can only add one camera until I buy the full program.

2015-12-07_1446.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the screen you are talking about? Also I think I can only add one camera until I buy the full program.

View attachment 6761
@ths54, I have deleted the image in your first post to protect your external ipaddress which should be redacted when posting the webserver tab.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The demo is not limited to a single cam. Simply right click on the screen and select add camera at the bottom.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I can't pair the other two cameras to my router, I push the reset button on the camera til it beeps then push the WPA button on my router (Motorola NVG 589), the pairing light on the router blinks for a while but the wireless cam never connects.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I can't pair the other two cameras to my router, I push the reset button on the camera til it beeps then push the WPA button on my router (Motorola NVG 589), the pairing light on the router blinks for a while but the wireless cam never connects.
Dont use WPS...properly setup dhcp reservation for each camera.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, not sure how to do that, I'll have to do some reading. Thank you.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, not sure how to do that, I'll have to do some reading. Thank you.
Never seen an NVG589 but when I googled it there are several web pages with information.

After looking at the manual for the NVG589, try this.

Just use the CD that came with the cameras to discover them and give them a static IP between 192.168.1.50 and 192.168.1.59. (The Last number must be different for each camera Ex. First Camera 192.168.1.51, second 192.168.1.52, etc.). Set the net-mask to 255.255.255.0, and the gateway of 192.168.1.254. Look at "security" on the CAMERA and set your wifi password and security protocol to the same as your "Router". Use the IP you assigned to access each camera.

2nd Choice, is find a 15 year old neighbor kid to do it for you... :)

Then watch these videos, they are old but cover it.

etc.... etc...

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Never seen an NVG589 but when I googled it there are several web pages with information.

After looking at the manual for the NVG589, try this.

Just use the CD that came with the cameras to discover them and give them a static IP between 192.168.1.50 and 192.168.1.59. (The Last number must be different for each camera Ex. First Camera 192.168.1.51, second 192.168.1.52, etc.). Set the net-mask to 255.255.255.0, and the gateway of 192.168.1.254. Look at "security" on the CAMERA and set your wifi password and security protocol to the same as your "Router". Use the IP you assigned to access each camera.

2nd Choice, is find a 15 year old neighbor kid to do it for you... :)

Then watch these videos, they are old but cover it.

etc.... etc...
Thanks wcrowder, I think I like the neighbor kid suggestion the best. Even the instructions from China say to hook the camera to the router, there is no way to do that, I can't even find the cd that came with them if one did, I have a new wireless outdoor cam coming and I'm not messing with these junk ones anymore. They were only $28 dollars so what should I expect?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks wcrowder, I think I like the neighbor kid suggestion the best.
It's really not that hard... And after you do it once, it will open up a new world. What's happening is the first camera set up and works automatically. Look at the "Device"->Status" tab, at the bottom, and you should see the camera IP that works.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it's there, 192.168.1.xxx all three of them were working before I started changing settings trying to hook up that Sricam 004 that I wanted to put up outdoors.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
It could have simply became "defective"...
Two out of three at the same time? I would bet I screwed something up changing setting trying to get that other one working, I sent that one back because the eBay listing said it worked with Windows Vista but the pdf I download from the manufacturer said, "Note; does not work with Windows Vista".

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If there is a button...or some kind of function...to reset the cameras to the factory defaults?

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
If there is a button...or some kind of function...to reset the cameras to the factory defaults?
Just one little inset button to reset that you have use a toothpick or pen to push it, you hold it until it beeps once, then push WPA within ten seconds on the router, the pairing light on the router blinks orange and the camera beeps three times and a little blue led on the camera blinks slow then fast and should go to steady blue when it connects. It never stays blue just keeps blinking slow again.