One little drip...

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
...of bug spray and my 2332 is dead.

I was spraying bug spray this morning, and I hit the CAT to one of my hiks. The camera is under an overhang and I did not have the connection weather sealed. Two of the terminals in the camera end and the coax were charred black.

I tried to clean out the terminals, but it would not work. I had a spare/new 2332, re-made the connector, and i'm back in business. I added the CAT cover and will seal this one with silicone (my others are all sealed).

I'll play around with the dead camera, but it is frustrating how one little drip of moisture can take a camera out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
...of bug spray and my 2332 is dead.

I was spraying bug spray this morning, and I hit the CAT to one of my hiks. The camera is under an overhang and I did not have the connection weather sealed. Two of the terminals in the camera end and the coax were charred black.

I tried to clean out the terminals, but it would not work. I had a spare/new 2332, re-made the connector, and i'm back in business. I added the CAT cover and will seal this one with silicone (my others are all sealed).

I'll play around with the dead camera, but it is frustrating how one little drip of moisture can take a camera out.
Its an electrical connection...yes moisture will take it out doesnt matter what brand it is...you need to seal it even if not directly exposed to water...

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I fried one of my 2032s by leaving the cat connector unprotected in an unexpected rain/snow.
Turns out it's just the POE that's toast. Camera works fine with 12V applied.
Had a look inside, could not find any blown fuses or fried resistors, so leaving it as-is.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I fried one of my 2032s by leaving the cat connector unprotected in an unexpected rain/snow.
Had a look inside, could not find any blown fuses or fried resistors, so leaving it as-is.
When I said mine is working, that is with a power supply. Didn't think of the POE being hosed. Need to check that.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You probably blown and surface mount fuse on the board. POE will never work again unless you disassemble the camera and replace the fuse.