One Dahua camera unreachable behind Dahua NVR, but intermittently shows connected

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 9 cameras setup and they all appear to be working correctly except one - camera 5 in the attachment. All of the cameras have a 10.x address but when you click the IE link, they all navigate to a 192.x address like such:

However, camera 5 links to the 10.x address shown in the IP address column. Additionally, the port number shows as 37777 whereas all of the others show port numbers like 1, 2, 3, etc. The fields are editable for camera 5, but not for the other cameras.

Any ideas what's going on with this one particular camera? Bad connection, perhaps?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did that camera by chance get added manually via the Registration page? Try unplugging it, plug back in and wait and see if it shows up in the bottom pane by itself...

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
Did that camera by chance get added manually via the Registration page? Try unplugging it, plug back in and wait and see if it shows up in the bottom pane by itself...
I honestly can't recall if it did, but I think I tried that. I'll do it again and report back.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally if you let them register themselves all works well. When you move em manually weird shit happens sometimes.

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
Generally if you let them register themselves all works well. When you move em manually weird shit happens sometimes.
Yeah, it worked great when it did, but it was intermittent. I unplugged at the NVR and plugged back in. Now I'm seeing a device name, and I'm able to view it, but clinking on the IE link navigates to the unreachable 10.x address instead of the reachable 192.x addresses still. Also, the live view via DMSS app shows 0kb/sec, so it appears it's going in and out.

Attachments

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
Accessing it locally. Works great for all of the other cameras, just not this one.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm Id try a factory default on it, plug in, reboot NVR.. maybe something wrong with it

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm leaning toward cabling issue as it was a new installation and it worked fine for a bit, but became intermittent with physical movement of the NVR. The NVR side of the ethernet cable was re-terminated twice since then and it's still having issues.

Going to do a new cable run today and see what happens. I'll do the factory reset as well if it stays connected.

Reaction score
I had 2 of 6 brand new IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras show up as 37777 instead of Port3 and Port4. Interestingly, this only happened after I did the update on my brand new NVR-4208-8P-i to the latest version suggested in the NVR web interface.

More detail - After initial (no pnp) setup and adding one camera and also getting my Nellys DB2 working, I was even able to update the one 5442 camera from the NVR web interface. I then manually downloaded and updated the brand new NVR from V2.800.0000000.19.R,2020-07-09 to V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903 without issue. I then added 3 more cameras and updated them, but had to update from the camera interface, as the web interface update now failed with a red 'update failed', even after stopping recording manually to appease the warning. I then happened to see a red notification symbol in the Maintain screen of the web browser, and saw "New system version found.: 4.001.0000000.3.R.201022". I clicked 'update now'... then I added the last two brand new cameras, and they show up as 37777, and the blue E icon link takes the browser to the 10.1.1.x address, unlike the previously added 'portX' cameras whose links still take you to the locally available 192.168.x.x address

I tried to downgrade to the software back to V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903.bin, but 'Maintain --> Manager --> Update' and then browsing to the software file and then clicking update does nothing but flash a few words too fast to read...

I deleted and re-added the cameras - they instantly add back in the same way.

I have rebooted everything several times, including full shutdowns, and I am 99% sure it is the firmware... the chances of the last two cameras, a 2.8 and a 6mm having the same issue, but the other four, three 2.8mm and one 6mm, behaving normally is very, very small...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve seen this a couple of times helping guys troubleshoot and still not sure why it happens.

If you can get into the camera GUI and set all networking to dhcp and make sure gateway is same as other cams and/or do a full factory reset on those two cams I’m thinking they’ll play nice .

9mmkungfu

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. My problem ending up being a bad connection. After that was taken care of, it was all good. Have you tried checking yours?

Reaction score
I think I resolved it, I deleted the cameras, then I powered down the NVR, and even unplugged it for 10 seconds, then powered it back up and went to do a few other things to let it do it's thing... when I went back in, the cameras were auto added and were using the ports... the links go to the nat'd port address and I am upgrading now

1607025204224.png

2 observations..
  • powering down from the GUI does not shut off the fan, just the blue led on the front.....(I would gladly pay the $10 or so to put a variable speed software/temp controlled fan on these AI NVR's
  • the name in the 'Type' column is firmware dependent... new firmware is less descriptive...

Reaction score
Interesting. My problem ending up being a bad connection. After that was taken care of, it was all good. Have you tried checking yours?
I upgraded my readers to do the crimping, and did it while waiting on package to arrive from andy, also had time to carefully run the cable to all the locations in the eave while the soffit was off when getting a new roof, and took my time, 16 cable ends crimped with not one failing the connection test! (not my normal situation!)