One camera is a little dark in BI 4, starnge!!

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK folks, this is a strange one. I have 3 cameras setup in the front of my house, they are Boavison, I bought them a while ago and they are OK but I am going to replace them but for now they were all nice and clear but one started to drop out so I replaced it with a new one of the exact same type ( I bought 4 of them like a year ago) and I noticed that the picture was darker then the it was and darker then the other 2. I have had it for many months so I know what it looked like. Anyway, I went back to the original one and now that one is dark as well?? I replaced the connector, cable, changed the router port, deleted it in BI and set it up as a new camera but still the same. This is really weird. Any ideas, it makes no sense?

Thanks for any help.

Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK folks, this is a strange one. I have 3 cameras setup in the front of my house, they are Boavison, I bought them a while ago and they are OK but I am going to replace them but for now they were all nice and clear but one started to drop out so I replaced it with a new one of the exact same type ( I bought 4 of them like a year ago) and I noticed that the picture was darker then the it was and darker then the other 2. I have had it for many months so I know what it looked like. Anyway, I went back to the original one and now that one is dark as well?? I replaced the connector, cable, changed the router port, deleted it in BI and set it up as a new camera but still the same. This is really weird. Any ideas, it makes no sense?

Thanks for any help.

Adam
BI does not change the brightness...how does it look in the cameras own interface? did you adjust brightness?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, always nice to hear from you. So I just looked in the software for Boavision and this camera is dark (again, I am not sure how as it was fine before) but I can adjust it with that software and get it to look better HOWEVER it does not affect how it looks in BI?? Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, always nice to hear from you. So I just looked in the software for Boavision and this camera is dark (again, I am not sure how as it was fine before) but I can adjust it with that software and get it to look better HOWEVER it does not affect how it looks in BI?? Adam
you need to log in to the camera interface via web browser and adjust there.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I'll try but I just looked at all 3 cameras in the camera software and the darker one does not look like the others even with adjustment and the others need no adjustment, it makes no sense. Anyway, thanks, will do some playing and head scratching. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I went back over a week on my hard drive to see what it used to look like and realized that it was angled slightly more up then it is now so went outside and pitched it up and it's fine. Just a slight variation made all the difference. Good thing I had old video to look at! Thanks again for always jumping in. Adam