On NVR Reboot (or power failure) Cameras lose their Arming Schedule!

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is my setup:

My NVR is a DS-7608NI-E2/8P (4TB drive); (firmware: V3.4.92 build 170518).

I have 7 cameras all are DS-2CD2342WD-I (firmware: V5.5.0 build 170725)

- 6 of the 7 cameras are connected to the POE ports with 192.168.254.x addresses.

- The other camera is on my home network and connected manually.

I was originally configuring the cameras through iVMS-4200 but since I am trying to use Line Crossing and Intrusion alarms, I could not set up the Maximum and Minimum boxes! So, I changed things around by configuring the alarms on the cameras themselves and generate the emails from the camera. After doing this, the NVR, using iVMS-4200 shows the lines and Intrusion boxes I set up directly on the cameras. (Note that I access the camera configuration by using Internet Explorer as the browser, which allows the plugin to work. This way I can log into each camera individually and set the parameters as I like). The events are still being recorded on the NVR, with this setup.

All seemed to be working well until the power went out! When the system rebooted (NVR and 7 Cameras) every camera’s setup was identical except for the Arming Schedule for both Intrusion and Line Crossing! (I don't look at Motion Detection because of the many false alarms).

I had set up and saved the schedule to be 00:00 to 06:00 and 22:00 to 24:00 for each camera. However, after the reboot, the schedule went back to the default 00:00 to 24:00!! I can see this when accessing each camera using the browser… and I am getting a crazy number of detection emails!

When I look at the NVR using iVMS-4200 and go to Event Management the Arming Schedule shows 10pm – 6am which is the template I had previously saved. Looking at Device Management > Remote Configuration > Event both Line Crossing and Intrusion show the Arming Schedule as Custom, which shows the 00:00 to 06:00 and 22:00 to 24:00 schedule. So the change back to the default schedule only happens on the cameras themselves... but this is where I am sending the email alerts from , so it's an issue!

I noticed that this also happened to each camera when I upgraded them from V5.4.4 build 170315 to V5.5.0 build 170725!

After testing things, I see that the same thing happens after a simple reboot of the NVR!

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and what steps to take to prevent this? Why would this be the only parameter that changes?

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I created this thread back in June... am I the only one having this issue?

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In case anyone is having a similar issue , that is, after a power outage the 'Arming Schedule' for Smart Events resorts back to a 24 hour schedule from whatever it was previously set to (oddly this is the only parameter affected!), I have solved it by creating a Python script on my Raspberry pi which replaces the 24 hour schedule with the one I want by replacing the XML file . I then setup an automatic program in my HA system that on a reboot (probably due to a power outage) calls on the Raspberry pi to run the script that updates my 7 cameras...

LoinKing

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you're using HIkvision Cameras and NVR and they are communicating via Hikvision Protocol (not sure about others) then NVR will copy its settings to camera on reboot. I was experiencing same issue, and then decided to set camera schedule etc in NVR. Its been working fine since then.

Debussy

n3wb
Reaction score
this thread helped me piece some puzzle i am trying to solve, timed capture , schedlue which i setup on the camera, performing wonky actions. thank you