OMG i found a video of my old security cameras.

Reaction score
This idiot was trying to break into cars on my street. By the time he reached my house some one had already called the police. He actually lived on my street at his grandmother's house. He is in jail now the last i heard. The video was with Qsee dvr and night owl cameras. It was bad quality, but good enough for me to recognize him because i already knew him.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was he trying to slide under your garage door or a doggy door there?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It was bad quality, but good enough for me to recognize him because i already knew him.
I cannot stress this statement enough. My neighbors with their 2.8 or 3.6mm cams on their house saying they can recognize people at the street, I am like that is only possible if you already know the person and be able to recognize them based on their walk, clothing, body type, etc., but put a total stranger in the frame and the picture will be fairly useless. I recognize most of the people I see on my 3.6mm overview cam, but a total stranger goes by and not much you could tell the police, maybe clothing color, but nothing to identify them.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The big problem would be that you may recognize them in the video, but in court the defense marches three people in all dressed the same, hoodies and hats, and you can't pick out that same person. Without a good face shot all the video shows is what happened.
I need more cameras :(

Reaction score
I cannot stress this statement enough. My neighbors with their 2.8 or 3.6mm cams on their house saying they can recognize people at the street, I am like that is only possible if you already know the person and be able to recognize them based on their walk, clothing, body type, etc., but put a total stranger in the frame and the picture will be fairly useless. I recognize most of the people I see on my 3.6mm overview cam, but a total stranger goes by and not much you could tell the police, maybe clothing color, but nothing to identify them.
Exactly i totally agree with you.