Older Dahua Webcam visible in BlueIris but their webpages are not loading

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear All,

I have a few Dahua Webcams which are a few years old (2014/2015 maybe); I would like to change their IP addresses but am unable to do so because the webpages are not loading even though I setup IE settings as recommended and installed the WebCMS file to the \Windows\System32 folder. I am using Windows 10 Pro and am on the most recent update of all software and OS.

Funny thing is that even Dahua Config Tool will not pick up the IP Cams when scanned or when attempted to add manually. However, the Cams work fine on Blue Iris which is just driving me nuts. Can somebody please assist so that I am able to change the IP addresses of the Cameras. Thanks.

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there no one here who had to face the same problem? I tried to reset/set the IP to DHCP and also manually tried to change the IP through DAHUA NVR but it does nothing to the cameras. This is quite confusing. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the. NVR a PoE version with ports on the back?

What model is the NVR?

Show a picture of your camera registration page on the NVR

Why do you want to change the cameras IP addresses ? If they are plugged into the NVR PoE ports, the NVR assigns them to a 10.1.1.1 address. You can’t change that nor need to.

If you want to run them on a separate external PoE switch then you can assign them different IPs.

Config tool wont see them connected to the NVR PoE ports because it can’t see the 10.1.1.1 network

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Refer to this thread

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If they are truly webcams, then they are probably needing an associated webcam app and that is why you cannot pull up the camera gui via IP address in IE.

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the. NVR a PoE version with ports on the back?

What model is the NVR?

Show a picture of your camera registration page on the NVR

Why do you want to change the cameras IP addresses ? If they are plugged into the NVR PoE ports, the NVR assigns them to a 10.1.1.1 address. You can’t change that nor need to.

If you want to run them on a separate external PoE switch then you can assign them different IPs.

Config tool wont see them connected to the NVR PoE ports because it can’t see the 10.1.1.1 network
The NVR is non-PoE.....my Network Switch is PoE. Although, these old IP Cameras are being powered through a 12V power adapter because their PoE is not working. Model of the NVR is DHI-NVR4108HS-4KS2/L.

The cameras that I am talking about were configured to 172.xx IP systems when I first installed them about 7-8 years ago. They are still visible on those static 172.xx IP addresses but my new systems are all on 192.168 IP's and hence the dilemma. Now, I either change all the new systems to 172.20 IP Systems or figure out a way to log into the Cameras where I am able to either reset their IP's to DHCP or change them to the desired 192.xx IP System. Thanks.

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
If they are truly webcams, then they are probably needing an associated webcam app and that is why you cannot pull up the camera gui via IP address in IE.
I used to login to their web page, all 7 of them in 7 different tabs, and keep the connections alive there.....that's back when I did not have the Blue Iris Software.

The camera web page opens to the point where it asks me to enter the login info and download the ActiveX file but proceeds no further even though I installed the ActiveX file to the System32 folder where it wanted to install it.

I recall, even back in the day, it was a pain to open them as they required lapse security based on which many security parameters had to be switched off in IE; in my consideration, I did all that and yet I am getting nowhere.....

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I finally caved and setup the Router to host 2 DHCP IP Systems to cater to both 192.* and 172.* IP Systems. Now, all the cameras are visible on the NVR........cheap workaround but that's how it has got to be I guess :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used to login to their web page, all 7 of them in 7 different tabs, and keep the connections alive there.....that's back when I did not have the Blue Iris Software.

The camera web page opens to the point where it asks me to enter the login info and download the ActiveX file but proceeds no further even though I installed the ActiveX file to the System32 folder where it wanted to install it.

I recall, even back in the day, it was a pain to open them as they required lapse security based on which many security parameters had to be switched off in IE; in my consideration, I did all that and yet I am getting nowhere.....
Oh - so what you probably need to do is go into IE and delete the extension add-ons and then try the download again.

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh - so what you probably need to do is go into IE and delete the extension add-ons and then try the download again.
Yeah, had already tried all that. Nothing works.

I am tempted to create a VM and install Windows 7 on it, access the IP Cam from that VM and see if it works. May even just install Windows 7 on a spare laptop and try the older IE on the non-updated Windows 7 machine.

GreenTree2

n3wb
Reaction score
If all you want to do is change the IP, then there is no need to download the activex file. That is only needed for viewing the feed.
Unfortunately, I cannot even login to the administrative page until the file is installed and hence ............

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello I have the same problem after updating the firmware on a ptz when it is connected to nvr no longer works the webgui instead just restore and connect the cam directly to the pc works.