Old-time broadcast radio shows

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
For us more experienced in life guys out there, do you remember spending time in the evenings, listening to the old radio shows? I remember the CBS Mystery Theater. Back in the 70's, it used to play in the late evenings, Monday through Friday on AM 780 WBBM out of Chicago. Great memories. I found a site that has just about all of the episodes.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
A bunch of radio shows available at this site.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
For us more experienced in life guys out there, do you remember spending time in the evenings, listening to the old radio shows? I remember the CBS Mystery Theater. Back in the 70's, it used to play in the late evenings, Monday through Friday on AM 780 WBBM out of Chicago. Great memories. I found a site that has just about all of the episodes.

I used to love listening to Paul Harvey.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What makes these old shows so great is that they just use words, and maybe some sound effects, but still paint a picture that is so vivid. Story telling like that is becoming a lost art in the world of digital displays. It leaves no need to use your imagination or mind and submerge into the words. Another lost art and part of culture unfortunately.