OK, I'm stuck, no live view on new NVR, but camera is working.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a new Dahua NVR 8 channel, no POE, the latest EI version, and one camera, the Dahua Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera.
The latest firmware on both.
It is powered by POE switch and I can view it when I press the "e" here:
1681573966958.png
I have edited this line to add the camera's password.
I can log into the cam and the NVR directly through their respective IP addresses.
There is no SD card in the camera.
I have 2 HDDs in the NVR, which it said were succesfully formated.
I have set up email both on the NVR and on the cam, and it works on both.
I can see the live view from the NVR HDMI on my TV.
When I log onto the camera directly through its IP address, I can view the main stream and both substreams.
I have also added the both the camera and the NVR to DMSS app on my phone with their respective QR codes.

My issue is that the camera is obviously working, but I cannot see it on live view on the NVR when I log into the NVR via my PC and my phone says the NVR is offline in the DMSS app. (Neither Main nor substreams)
I have attempted a multitude of encoding combinations, fast/slow bit rates, different codecs, default re-applied etc to no avail. These settings are transferred to the camera fronm the NVR, so they are talking to each other.
The forum and youtube have been searched.
It is not that it has stopped working, I have never had it working,
I have never set up a cam and an NVR before, so I think there maybe something simple I am getting wrong.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
On the NVR's web interface, when you bring up the live view window, do you get a camera list (one camera in your case)? And a green border around one of the viewing windows? Then click on the camera name and nothing happens?

Capture.JPG

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you logged into the NVR via IE directly via the NVR's IP?

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the NVR's web interface, when you bring up the live view window, do you get a camera list (one camera in your case)? And a green border around one of the viewing windows? Then click on the camera name and nothing happens?

View attachment 160055
Hold on a bit. I think I have activated the firewall setting, so I can't talk to the NVR via the PC now. I'll have to reset things via the mouse.
But to answer your question, I saw my camera name appear and just a spinning circle thing where the camera is. This moved to a different pane if I selected a substream but with the same spinning circle thing.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you logged into the NVR via IE directly via the NVR's IP?
I didn't use IE, barring the blue "e". But I have full camera functionality logging directly into the camera via Chrome.
There have been no problems with changing camera settings with that.
( My IE has stopped working).

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, the spinning circle! I've seen that when logged into cameras but never with the NVR. What web browser are you using? If it's not IE, there's a possibility that's the problem.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, Sounds like browser compatibility issue. I end up having to use 2-3 different browsers depending on the NVR and camera.

See if you can get Edge into IE mode, or maybe try Pale Moon and install the plug-in when asked

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are threads on how to get IE working again.

You aren't seeing your camera, so even though you think all is fine with Chrome, it really isn't.

The 180 camera is a whole other unique issue so you should use IE.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, on a different PC with Edge, running the NVR tab in IE mode it asked me to run a plug-in which I did.
The spinning circle has now changed to this:
1681583536314.png

I also opened the cam IP tab (which was working anyway), in IE mode. There was another plugin again which I also installed.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wasn't asked to install any plug-in when I opened the NVR in the Pale Moon browser.
Back to spinny thing in Pale Moon:
1681585879902.png

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you connected a screen directly to the NVR? Can you see it there?

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, my TV is connected to the HDMI output of the NVR and I see it perfectly.
Even before I log in to the NVR with the mouse & a password. (via the TV)

The NVR live view screen behaves differently now when I open it in IE mode, there is no spinny thing just the "No entry" camera.
I still get spinning in Chrome and Pale Moon.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the substream enabled on 180? If you try to solo the camera do you see it?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried SmartPSS on your PC? Does the NVR work there as well?

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the substream enabled on 180? If you try to solo the camera do you see it?
I presume when you mean "solo" the camera, you mean log directly into it from its own IP address.
If so, then Yes, I can and I can see the main & 2 substreams on Edge. I can do this P2P on my phone as well.
I have tried many encoding settings, this is what is on there now, they transferred from the NVR.
1681589776523.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I meant within the NVR. On multiple camera view it is showing substream and when you solo it on the NVR it switches to mainstream. So I wanted to see it is were a substream issue.

Match coding - you have H264H for main and H264 for sub and that could be causing the issue.

Phil.g00

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok Solo, with all streams either at H264 or all streams at H264H makes no difference. Everything is set at H264 now.
I have never seen anything here either.

1681590550252.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok close browser and then open and delete browser cache and all plugins and then log into NVR again and try again.

There might be some conflict and we have to do this from time to time when having a mixture of cameras.