Off Site recording

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have one location (A) with an NVR and Turrets setup and would like to install just one DS-2CD2432F in a different location ( Off site B) and record to that NVR.

Heres were Im confused a bit

Do I tell the DS-2CD2432F camera to record to the NVR in Location A or do I tell the NVR to search for the camera in location B?

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are Sites A and B connected over internet or local network?

If they are connected over the internet, bridge the new networks with a VPN through the routers and then both locations will be on the same network, able to see each-other and able to communicate securely...

Be warned though, the upstream bandwidth of Site B could be a bottleneck... I would do some speed tests transferring large files from Site B to Site A and see what kind of bandwidth your working with before doing much else.

Reactions: NVR

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have done this several times. Simply do your port forwarding to the camera in site B and set up a DDNS in the camera itself. Than in the remote channel in the NVR, manually add a channel and enter the domain you created and the port your using.

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for this clarification, looks easy enough, will tell you how it works out in a few weeks. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Vector, How much you think on average of mega bits do you think a 3mp camera generates? Its a 50mbps line and the routers are rated for 54mbps. So I figured if the cam uses 5-10mbps then all is well. I have to see what a 3mp camera is capable of generating at 20fps. If not we can upgrade the plan and router. Thank you for the heads up.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok using a Bandwidth calculator 20fps at 3mp h.264 medium quality will use 6.86 Mbps. Should be ok with one camera.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It all depends what you set the bit rate at.