Off-brand PTZ compatible with Dahua NVRs

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know a good off-brand PTZ camera that's compatible with Dahua NVRs?
By compatible I mean Zoom in/out, Patrol, Follow, Presets, Alarms, Triggers, etc...

Regards

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a big guessing game.

It is best practice to match camera brand with NVR, and with a PTZ, it would be even more critical.

While ONVIF should ensure you would at least get the video feed, any PTZ functions would be hit or miss.

You would want to stay with Dahua OEM like Amcrest or Lorex.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Loryta and EmpireTech are other Dahua OEM and would be good choices.

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The idea is to get a few cameras that won't "break the bank", considering the prices of the Dahua-branded PTZs....

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Loryta and EmpireTech are both similar in price to Dahua, so.. not something I'm interested in

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As someone that has wasted money on cameras that "won't break the bank" and now having a closet full of junk cams because the cameras sucked, save for a good one.

Someone says here "buy once, cry once"

Or be willing to have that JideTech cheap PTZ only work on the JideTech app and now need two apps to see your cameras.

Why have a Dahua NVR and then want to put cheap crap on it that probably won't work.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Testing123TT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As someone that has wasted money on cameras that "won't break the bank" and now having a closet full of junk cams because the cameras sucked, save for a good one.

Someone says here "buy once, cry once"

Or be willing to have that JideTech cheap PTZ only work on the JideTech app and now need two apps to see your cameras.

Why have a Dahua NVR and then want to put cheap crap on it that probably won't work.
I need 5 so ... that's 2000$++ :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Considering they ~same price, why would I even look for anything else BUT dahua at that point? :)
Oh, I agree.
I don't know your budget or what would "break the bank" as you say. You do know those and now you've got some prices, pros and cons...it's decision time. :cool: