ODM displays video, Blue Iris does not

Reaction score
I have two networks on one computer. One NIC (192.168.9.100) connects to the world, the other (192.168.0.1), only to the cameras. ODM (ONVIF Device Manager), gets video from all of the cameras. Blue Iris, doesn't display any live video. Any suggestions on where to start?

Reaction score
Sorry to take so long to respond.

First, Thanks for the fast response from BP2008 and SpacemanSpiff to my request for help. That’s the sort of thing that makes IPCAMTALK so great. (I do use it to find other “solutions,” too)

Turned out that I had somehow messed up. This was a total reinstall and apparently there was something wrong with registry files I had.

While starting to collect the data you asked for, I notice a “floating” camera window from BI and it was showing live video.

Using that as a clue, I checked the Video > Paths and discovered that they all were wrong, except that one. So I simply used ODM to view the LIVE VIDEO and copied the displayed paths into the Camera Configs.

So now, the only problem I have, are the two new cameras, AMCREST T1179. Since this system is still using BI v4, none of the listed Amcrest cameras help, and ODM doesn’t seem to want to display their LIVE VIDEO (Where I might get the PATH). I am able to set them up though and view them directly.

So, I’ve contacted Amcrest support to see if they can help.

All-in-all, this was an EYE-DEE-TEN-TEE error. (I probably swallowed too many “stupid pills.”)

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Not familiar with the AMCREST T1179 cameras. Any chance they boot to a factory set IP address that needs to be adjusted to within a range similar to the current network of functioning cameras before BI can see the new cams during a scan?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
They might just be dahua OEM if they are recent models. Try adding them like a Dahua camera.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
they use 192.168.1.108 so if you add both at the same time. they will be conflicting.
after User pass and static Ip setup with internet explorer 11. Find Inspect button? should work. ?

Reaction score
Not sure why ODM would have a problem though....
It's only the VIEW LIVE that isn't displaying - the rest seems to work OK. ODM brings up a camera log in screen and then provides full? access to the camera settings, etc. This is after the AMCREST IP CONFIG tools was used to set the IP address.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Pretty sure that the Amcrest T1179 cams use DHCP by default vs Dahua's usual .108 default address. But sounds like you already have the IP of the cams.

Assuming so, this is the string that I use for mine (Main stream/Substream):
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Set up as:
Generic/RTSP port 554
RTSP H.264/H.265.MJPG/MPEG4 ONVIF port 80

Reaction score
Thanks Mike A
That looks like what I need.
I'll let you know in a couple of days if that works for m.

Reaction score
Sorry I took so long. Cameras were miles away. Brought one home and set up temp on my local BI
Your info fixed the T1179 problem with BI-4, after I figured out exactly which fields a couple of things were for. :-(
My T1179's came with the 108 address, not DHCP
I didn't even have to fill in the PATH or PARAMs - They are blank and the camera is working at max resolution.
Thanks for the help.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
They must have changed back to the .108 default. Or have different models with different firmware versions floating around. I know that those I and others got were DHCP since it was kind of odd for Dahua cams. Makes it easier with the static address I think assuming that one knows what they're doing.

Glad that you got it all working.