Odd behavior / Dev backdooring people? / playing favorites for paid customers?

Reaction score
Hey anyone know how to get the CLIPS view back? The whole thing went missing one day for no reason, along with the timeline on bottom (which I may have toggled off). Ironically soon after my free support period ended. Can't see a way to re-enable it.

Also the PTZ controls on cams stopped working, unless you re-install in DEMO mode and add cam. I did not change any settings, all this just happened one day, like I said after the support period ended.

Why does contact support include your public WAN(IP) address? Also why does it auto create admin user when you delete it ? Shouldn't all users that exist be up to the paid client? Seems quite suspicious. Does the register IP address send it to DEV? In what instance would DEV need IP address to support ? Is there a reason that the dev logs into your cam network that I am missing?

Also why does support never respond ? After waiting awhile on multiple e-mails I had to come here, create an account (tiring process) and post...

Thanks.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey anyone know how to get the CLIPS view back? The whole thing went missing one day for no reason, along with the timeline on bottom (which I may have toggled off). Ironically soon after my free support period ended. Suspicious.

Also the PTZ controls on cams stopped working, unless you re-install in DEMO mode and add cam. I did not change any settings, all this just happened one day, like I said after the support period ended.

Why does contact support include your public WAN address? Also why does it auto create admin user when you delete it ? Seems quite suspicious. Does the register IP address send it to DEV? In what instance would DEV need IP address to support ? Except to log in or do remote functions ? Is there a feature that the dev logs into your network I am missing?

Also why does support never respond ?

Thanks.
1) stop being an idiot. The blue iris developer has zero control over your system even with your wan ip...he has your wan ip every time you log onto his website and download an update. Every website you visit has your wan ip.
2) your entire problem is a result of deleting the admin account...enable it and restart blue iris...by default is is not accessible outside of lan...the software needs the admin account running...
He likely didnt respond either because you sent an accusatory message like in this post, or because he hasnt had the time yet...its 60 dollar software, with 1 developer...there is priority support for 60 dollars extra.
Not sure why you misrepresented the fact that it went missing for no reason, there was a reason...you made improper changes. YOU DID CHANGE SETTINGS. STOP LYING. YOU DELETED THE ADMIN ACCOUNT THAT BLUE IRIS NEEDS.

4.1.6 - September 3, 2015

• Admin console sessions and anonymous-admin remote sessions now have their own automatically created Options/Users account "admin". For security, it will not be possible to login with this account remotely unless you assign it a password (or had a pre-existing admin account with a password). This will aid in the future development of per-user statistics and counters.
I HATE LIARS LIKE YOU!! YOU FALSELY ACCUSED THE DEVELOPER OF LOGGING INTO YOUR NETWORK - A SERIOUS ACCUSATION WITH CRIMINAL AND CIVIL IMPLICATIONS - WHEN YOU ARE JUST AN INCOMPETENT FOOL.

Last edited: