Octoprint (ras pi monitoring 3d printer) webcam stream add to BI?

Zafferg

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day all!

I'm a bit stuck

I have a working BI installation with 3 cameras at the moment, i'm trying to add the viewable webcam stream from my Octopi installation (it works in a browser from my BI machine at http://192.168.1.87/webcam/?action=stream) - not for security just to simplify all my camera monitoring.

I've tried all the generic settings possible, BI just refuses to show it

This is all the config available within octoprint - This is what it looks like in a browser from my BI machine - All the settings i've tried -
Is it even possible anyone know?

Tar muchly

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tired to hit the Find/inspect button to the right of the url in your last screenshot?

Zafferg

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah it doesn't find anything for autoconfig on that address

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here...have you tired to change the port to 80 from 554?
I don't see any port listed in your url so maybe that is it?

Zafferg

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd not manually no but on the screen before that config screen BI automatically is doing 192.168.1.87:80

Tried changing the 554 to 80 manually and blow me it works perfectly, can't belive i'd not thought to try. Many many thanks Mr Danbutter!

sudo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to do the opposite. I'd like to take the webcam stream from blue iris and see that stream in octoprint.

Any suggestions on making this work?

markcm

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to do the opposite. I'd like to take the webcam stream from blue iris and see that stream in octoprint.

Any suggestions on making this work?
Yes this was an old, but valid and unanswered question. I figure it must still be relevant considering I was looking for the same thing. Anyway, if anyone is looking to steam from blue iris to octopi octoprint, check this thread BlueIris to OctoPrint Streaming

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just went through this. I had to uncheck using secure session keys and login page under the advanced settings under the web server. This allows you to send usernames and passwords via irl. Now I can see the feed within Octoprint.

markcm

n3wb
Reaction score
I just went through this. I had to uncheck using secure session keys and login page under the advanced settings under the web server. This allows you to send usernames and passwords via irl. Now I can see the feed within Octoprint.
Thanks for adding this detail regarding streaming video from Blue iris to Octoprint. I initially only planned on passing video from Octoprint to BlueIris but then realized the TP-Link TAPO C110 (cheap little IP camera) has a slightly better image than the Amcrest AWC201-B webcam which I use with octoprint and wanted to try it out.

Your instructions did the trick. To summarize for anyone else, to get a BlueIris camera to show up in Octopi Octoprint I did the following:

From Blue Iris, Open: Settings > Web server > Advanced... and de-selected "Use secure session keys and login page"

From Octopi, Open: Settings > Webcam & Timelapse > Stream URL, and then entered the address- http://{Blue_iris_IP}:{Bue_iris_port}/mjpg/{short_name_of_desired_camea}/video.mjpg?user={my blue iris user name]&pw={my blue iris password}

I don't know what security implications this has, I suspect it's potentially a little less secure if someone really wanted to see my cameras and knew my blue iris log-in information but at that point, I'd probably have more significant issues than someone snooping my 3D printer cameras. If anyone has more specific insight into the potential risk factor when disabling Use secure session keys and login page, please chime in.