Obesity is still a prevalent issue in America

Reaction score
I completely agree with the title. What makes me sick, is how we cater to these individuals. But what REALLY makes me angry is to see overweight kids. ESPECIALLY if the parents are not! That is child abuse! As for these obese over-eaters, could careless except for the fact that my tax dollars are paying for their bullshit.

AND ENOUGH of the electric cart BS as well! Lets just keep catering to them....

1663582244573.png1663582265244.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I just so happen to be looking to replace some dinner plates that are chipped so was trying to find the matching pattern on eBay. The plates I have are 10" and I was curious what a standard size dinner plate is. I wouldn't mind if the plates were 11" instead but not because I need more room to pile food on. I'm just weird in that I like some working room LOL; I need the ability to shove stuff over to one side until I'm ready to work on it. :rofl: I'm not sure about the correlation between plate size and obesity as you can always pile food higher or there is something called "getting seconds". I'm not shy about getting seconds if I'm hungry for more so dinner plate size isn't going to control me. The girlfriend is weird IHMO. She just about flatly refuses to get up and get more food if she's hungry so she has this tendency to put A LOT more food on her plate than she needs then ends up with a bunch of leftovers. I just don't get the reluctance to take a 20 foot stroll to get more food. Whatever :wtf:.

1706543228270.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just so happen to be looking to replace some dinner plates that are chipped so was trying to find the matching pattern on eBay. The plates I have are 10" and I was curious what a standard size dinner plate is. I wouldn't mind if the plates were 11" instead but not because I need more room to pile food on. I'm just weird in that I like some working room LOL; I need the ability to shove stuff over to one side until I'm ready to work on it. :rofl: I'm not sure about the correlation between plate size and obesity as you can always pile food higher or there is something called "getting seconds". I'm not shy about getting seconds if I'm hungry for more so dinner plate size isn't going to control me. The girlfriend is weird IHMO. She just about flatly refuses to get up and get more food if she's hungry so she has this tendency to put A LOT more food on her plate than she needs then ends up with a bunch of leftovers. I just don't get the reluctance to take a 20 foot stroll to get more food. Whatever :wtf:.

View attachment 184568
IDK .. seems that the buffet industry has a good supply source for those 1960s plates ..

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I was thinking those were 6" plates at the buffet all you can eat joints.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
That was one of the all time great Twilight Zone episodes. You kind of wonder if perhaps it mimics reality in some way....we are really serving some other intended purpose.