NVR5xxx-4KS2 POE/NONE POE Serial port update guide

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Lots of guys use V2 version firmware to update the V1 NVR, bricked a lot of NVR. For the firmware details, please ask your supplier with the package files.
If can't find, can contact me for further details. I am testing on a new firmware for V1 and V2 for the NVR5XXX-4KS2, tested on a 2017 NVR5208-8P-4KS2 it works good, so just wait some feedback from testers for the V2 NVRs.

Attached file is the guide for reference.

Andy

Attachments

TIGOS1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need help with firmware updates for my DHI-NVR5864-4KS2, v.1.0
I checked updates into its web-panel, then i pressed Update.

It was updated, but a part of my camers does not work (some of them, that do not work - are Chinese and some of them are International, but old)

How can i fix that?

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I need help with firmware updates for my DHI-NVR5864-4KS2, v.1.0
I checked updates into its web-panel, then i pressed Update.

It was updated, but a part of my camers does not work (some of them, that do not work - are Chinese and some of them are International, but old)

How can i fix that?
UPDATE your camera's firmware to the latest, and replace new cams for thoese chinese models. Dahua add something to the FW to block those hacked Chinese models work with dahua original english models.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For your chinese market cameras, take a look at the first post pf this thread: Dahua Firmware Mod Kit + Modded Dahua Firmware

If your model is on the compatible camera list, try flashing the firmware into one of your cameras. There's a good chance it will work with the new NVR firmware. Most of the hacked chinese market cameras are loaded with chinese firmware hacked to speak english. The firmware on this thread is international firmware hacked to run on a chinese market camera. If you want to take advantage of this "opportunity" to get substantially better night images, look at the new 5442 series cameras. Their sensors are way more sensitive that those in the low cost chinese market models.

TIGOS1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How about to downgrade my NVR5864-4ks2 v.1 from SW version 4 to SW version 3?

Its - possibile?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Its - possibile?
That's one of those "good questions". The official answer is no, downgrade is not possible. Yet I've seen a few posts reporting success in doing it. It's one of those "Hope it works" and "You're on your own" things.

TIGOS1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's one of those "good questions". The official answer is no, downgrade is not possible. Yet I've seen a few posts reporting success in doing it. It's one of those "Hope it works" and "You're on your own" things.
On the Internet in different sites there are many firmware.
How to determine the one that fits my NVR?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

TIGOS1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you look at the regular threads in the EmpireTech Andy forum, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th threads at this moment have V3 firmware that looks like it's for your model. Have to read the details to make sure. I don't know which one you'd want, just pointing you there.
DAHUA NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.20190226
DAHUA NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000002.0.R.20181106
General_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V3.216.0000003.0.R.20181211
Thank you!
I will try to read and decide..