Nvr5216

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect NVR wirelessly with router ..NVR is located on other floor and Asus router 1 floor down so I don't have to drill concrete walls ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect NVR wirelessly with router ..NVR is located on other floor and Asus router 1 floor down so I don't have to drill concrete walls ?
There is no out-of-the-box wifi available within the NVR. Keeping in mind that wifi might not be the most stable/constant wifi available, but if you really want, what you need is a "wireless bridge", which simply "transforms" the wifi signal into a wired connection. You plugin the NVR uplink port to this device, and your uplink is done. If you don't have a bridge at hand, and you do need to do an investment anyway, if I was you, I would opt for a powerline connection. How does this work? You'll pick a pair of these devices, plug one in a power outlet (next to your ASUS) and one next to the NVR. You'll hook up the ethernet jacks and pooff, you'll have a "steady" connection between your NVR and your ASUS.

Hope this helps!
CC

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I belive you can use a TP-Link TL-PA9020P KIT AV2000 Powerline Adapter Kit. But ive never tried it myself yet. Just read it here before/