NVR5208-8P-4KS2E , No HDMI output after Upgraded to V4.001.0000006.0, Build Date: 02-08-2021

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR5208-8P-4KS2E
I upgraded the firmware on my NVR, previous was a 2019 build. I should have wrote down the exact date!

I upgraded to the following:
v4-001-0000006-0-r-210208.55064 (V4.001.0000006.0, Build Date: 02-08-2021)

After the upgrade, I lost my HDMI output. Now only VGA output works. Also noticed on my display when using View 8 I could normally double click on the one large camera image and it would then bring it to FULL SCREEN, that does not work now either. Just flickers. But the HDMI output is a bigger issue.

Has anyone had any issues with this FW?

I have also upgraded a NVR5232-16P-4KS2E with this same firmware, Also had some VERY strange HDMI output issues!
Original Monitor that I setup was a ACER with a BELKIN HDMI cable. With this combination, black screen never a display at all. For sure the HDMI cable works as I been using it for months.

With the same ACER monitor with a NEW cable that I got from Amazon iVANKY brand which supports 4K. With this combination, I can see video but the constantly flickering Off and On. Unusable.

So when I went to upgrade the firmware on this NVR I had a black screen so I thought maybe the monitor was bad, so I grabbed this Asus that was in my office, with the Belkin HDMI cable. That worked when I did the FW upgrade.

So today I got a different ASUS because the one I tested I use for testing systems in my office. This other ASUS also works fine with both cables. For sure there is no reason why the ACER monitor should not work correctly with the NVR. There is something weird going on with this new firmware and the NVR HDMI output. I know FW related as the one at home, when I backed down to a 2019 Build 10-16-2019 FW, HDMI started working again. So with this new FW something has changed with the HDMI port. Build 10-16-2019 still has the double click issue, I tried a build 8-9-2019 that also has the double click issue. So possibly my original one I had maybe a July, as I seen a 7-13-2019 mentioned in some posts. I just need to find out where I can download. I'm going to see if Andy has it.

I have done a factory reset on the 32channel NVR, but that still does not resolve either of the issues I'm having. I have not done a factory reset on my 8CH yet to see if that can at least resolved the HDMI output issue, I do not think it will fix that double clicking to bring full screen issue as that seems to have been carried over from many previous firmwares.

Just to be clear the View 8 and View 9's that I'm talking about are not via the remote web interface, I'm doing all of this on the NVR. Andy supplied me with the 8/2019 and 10/2019 FW's but those still have the double click issue which the FW that shipped with my unit did not have that problem. So maybe my original was this JULY release that I saw mentioned.